[HOW TO] custom theming for squidly or liberty?

thefigaman2

Reaction score
Hey guys I am sorta new to theming but do any of you themers hav any tips for me on how to get started, wht downloads I need, and some walkthroughs? It would be greatly appreciated :) jus send me back any feedback or even pm me cuz I want to learn the ropes
THANKS!
EDIT: Im using a droid 2

JustJack1235

Reaction score
What u need to know? im not a themer....im just a person who figured out how to :)

All you need is

7zip- 7-Zip | The Best Zip Compression Utility

Update.zip- for the phone ur working on. so if ur theming a D1 find a D1 update.... D2... DX..... I usually use someones theme and break it down and then add all the stuff i want and remove what i dont

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Im sure theres an easier way... but thats how i figured out how to do it.

I can give you step by step if you want:icon_ banana:

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
Where do i find the update at? and jus to make it clear.. i use this on my phone right? lol
btw thanks for the help!!

JustJack1235

Reaction score
You can use ur phone... BUT! I find it easier to use my laptop

that way i can see what im doing~

So what phone are you themin?

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
i installed the link you sent me on my mac and im using a droid 2, i should prolly edit my post and add that lol

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Im putting my framework-res.apk into a zip for you..... UNZIP it, and open the file using 7zip.... so right click and you will need to choose OpenWith...

Attachments

• Framework.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 176

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Im going to give you a quick rundown.... I feel if you know how to do this, then the rest will come easier in my opnion

Im not sure where to find Update.zip..... what i do is i download someone elses theme, and add my own stuff.

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
yeahhh... i dont think this works with macs.. :( it wouldnt let me use that option orr even open 7zip. i think ima hop on my home computer

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Once you open the apk with 7-zip..... doubble click res and scroll down to , drawable-hdpi and copy that to ur desktop. just click and drag.....

open that file up change what u want to change and drag it back to the 7zip window..... save and close.

then its all about pushing it back to ur phone using terminal.....

put the framework-res.apk on the root of ur sdcard then in terminal type the following.

su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
sys -ro
reboot

and ur done... sometimes it will reboot before you type sys -ro but that is ok

NOW BEFORE U DO ANY OF THIS>>>>>>BACKUP!!!!! if it bootloops ever that means u did something wrong~ try again

OP
T

thefigaman2

Reaction score
ok.. lets take a step back.. i hav the zip on my pc and the file downloaded but i dont know which exact file to unzip it becuz i have a whole folder now named 7zip