How to create a full nandroid back up after upgrading to Ginger Bread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingmisc

Reaction score
When using Hexen froyo, I use droid 2 bootstrap but after upgrading it to GB, I cannot use droid 2 bootstrap anymore. It just doesn't go to clockwork recovery.

so what software do we need to use to create a back up?

thanks

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
I am rooted already...

any other solution??

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Uninstall d2 bootstrapper and reinstall it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
When using Hexen froyo, I use droid 2 bootstrap but after upgrading it to GB, I cannot use droid 2 bootstrap anymore. It just doesn't go to clockwork recovery.

so what software do we need to use to create a back up?

thanks

Droid 2 bootstrap works fine for me on GB (.607) Hit "Bootstrap Recovery", wait for the Success message, then Reboot Recovery takes me into clockwork.

Asphyx

Reaction score
D2 Bootstrapper works fine on GB...
You must be rooted using the D3 One click root V7 (or later, earlier versions don't get it done)
Once rooted you must reboot then try installing bootstrap recovery (the apk then open it and click on bootstrap recovery, allow it root access and when you get the success press the recovery button and it should boot into recovery.

Something to remember. Once you have installed GB none of the backups you made in recovery that use the Froyo Kernal can be restored

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Something that always works for me, rather than a separate reboot before install the bootstrap i install it before i use the root exploit. It reboots 2 times during it so why not?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Something to remember. Once you have installed GB none of the backups you made in recovery that use the Froyo Kernal can be restored
That's incorrect. You can use advanced restore to only restore /data and it will work fine. Helps restoring old apps and settings if you had to SBF to install 4.5.x.

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
ok I got it to work now.... thanks and please close this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.