How to clear a default number for Droid 3 Moto Blur

Danthok

Reaction score
I have set a default number for a contact and want to clear it.

I know that I could change the default number via a long press but I want to have the choice between two numbers whenever I use the Favorite Contacts app. I am pretty sure deleting the default number and re-entering it would correct the problem but there has to be a better way.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

SecretAgentMan

Reaction score
You're talking about the Quick Contacts widget, right?

The only way I found to fix the issue of remembering a default number is as follows. You many have to play with this a bit but it will eventually work.

When you add a contact to the Quick Contacts widget, a corresponding entry in your Google contacts gets tagged with a "Starred in Android" category. IIRC, I think you have to delete the contact from the widget and then delete the contact from Google contacts. Than wait a while for the change to sync. ( I have no idea how long you have to wait. I waited a couple days.) When you put the contact back into the Quick Contacts widget, the remembered selection should be gone.

Just removing the "Starred in Android" from the contact might work as well.

FYI, my contact are on an Exchange server, so things might work differently if your contacts are elsewhere.

This is a PITA. If you can find an easier way, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited: