How to avoid spending the full $299 upgrade rate at Verizon on Day 1

Ozzie

Reaction score
I'm thinking Radio Shack will do another $100 promotion...who needs a coupon...;)

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
I've thought about waiting for the Amazon deal, but for sanity's sake, I'm going to be a launch day baby again, I still got my OG launch day baby, gonna stick it out for the Nexus too, just don't want to pay the full $299. Plus I'm hoping Verizon will be nice and throw in a little something extra on launch day, but we'll see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't launch day OG buyers get a 16gb micro sd card, I know I did, I just don't know if they continued to sell the 16gb card with it in the days and weeks that followed or not.

sxm

Reaction score
Do you know if that works in every state?

Probably up to the person selling it to you.

Bought my OG that way. Walked down the street to the bank ATM, came back and slammed the cash on the table, said give me my droid.

The tax goes to the government anyway. They do not profit on the tax. They do however lose money on the credit card transaction fee.

Last edited:

hydro556

Reaction score
At least you guys don't get taxed on the full $700 like we do in Commiefornia. That's an extra $60-70 on top of the damn $299 price.

God I despise the government of that damn state.

My sympathies for having to live there. I'd honestly move. Your state is beyond repair and getting worse daily.

ænyoc

Reaction score
If I can get them to put a note on my account about the $100 4G discount, will it work at Costco? If not, will the $100 be worth it since I have to pay Commiefornia tax and won't get the bundled accessories Costco is including?

goosedeath

Reaction score
I've thought about waiting for the Amazon deal, but for sanity's sake, I'm going to be a launch day baby again, I still got my OG launch day baby, gonna stick it out for the Nexus too, just don't want to pay the full $299. Plus I'm hoping Verizon will be nice and throw in a little something extra on launch day, but we'll see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't launch day OG buyers get a 16gb micro sd card, I know I did, I just don't know if they continued to sell the 16gb card with it in the days and weeks that followed or not.

I bought my D1 in Jan/Feb and it came w/ a 16g card.

leakim13

Reaction score
At least you guys don't get taxed on the full $700 like we do in Commiefornia. That's an extra $60-70 on top of the damn $299 price.

Live free or die = no tax.

(my girlfriend offered to buy it for me if I shut up and stopped talking about it... So basically I annoyed my way into a free phone lol)

Sent from a POS I hate because I've waited a year for the NEXUS.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Radio Shack will do another $100 promotion...who needs a coupon...;)

I hope so, I have to buy from Best Buy because of gift cards, but when I got my Bionic I was able to get it for $199 because of the price match with radioshack. Hoping Radioshack has the same deal for the Nexus.

nleksan

Reaction score
Plus I'm hoping Verizon will be nice and throw in a little something extra on launch day, but we'll see. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't launch day OG buyers get a 16gb micro sd card, I know I did, I just don't know if they continued to sell the 16gb card with it in the days and weeks that followed or not.

Got mine in March'10 and it came with the 16GB SD card. I had my NE2, plus they were doing the B1G1 for any smartphone, so I ended up paying $100 for two OG Droids, total!

ænyoc

Reaction score
Got mine in March'10 and it came with the 16GB SD card. I had my NE2, plus they were doing the B1G1 for any smartphone, so I ended up paying $100 for two OG Droids, total!

Same here! dancedroid But I also had to pay Commiefornia tax, so it was $200 ($100 for one, one phone free, $50 tax on each)

nbucko

Reaction score

Let me make sure I understand this. Even though the cost of the phone is $299.00 you have to pay the tax on the full retail price?

mrZoSo

Reaction score
I got an email for $50 off when I upgrade my current phone, and another email for a $50 loyalty discount already.
It would be nice if I received one of those mailers too, I could live with only paying $99 for the GNX :)