How to avoid ClockworkMod from starting at every boot up??

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok. I rooted my droid 2 installed bootstrap and it added clockwork mod. No biggie. I want to have nandroid backups anyway. But my only issue is that clockwork starts EVERYTIME I boot my phone. Is there a way to bypass this from auto launching and just boot the phone normally without removing clockwork or bootstrap? Thanks

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This has been asked a few times and honestly I wish it happened to me on every boot, that way I know if anything happens I can get into cm recovery to flash my nandroid. If I see a fix i'll let you know though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I agree with spaz33g. I feel it is a safety thingwith the boofstrapper jumping in.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

AlexSB

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but this happens to me too. I just hit Reboot. What worries me is when im low battery, like 20% and I plug in my charger and turn my phone back on then I get the clockwork mod recovery. So I hit reboot and it reboots into the charging screen (the green battery filling up when the phones off). I just hope it doesn't cause any damage.

maybish

Reaction score
I don't know about droid 2 but on the x if you go to your apps then bootstrap> clear cache> force close. Do the same with rom manager. Then reboot. Worked for me! Hope this helps!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tmtlmllr

Reaction score
AlexSB - just restart your phone and don't touch it. The clockwork thing will come up and just let it go. If you tell it to reboot everytime, it will keep coming back. If you just let it sit for a while it will eventually move on to booting the phone. Then from that point on clockwork will not show up unless you tell it to. Hope that helps... that's what worked for me.

AlexSB

Reaction score
As for clearing the cache, I have one of the models where you can't clear cache or clear defaults, those two options are greyed out for me. Thanks though man.

Im going to try that to just let it sit and see if that works, because it does get mad annoying everytime I boot it up that happens. How long did you let it sit for? With or without the charger plugged in?

Sent from my D2 running squidlys mod

tmtlmllr

Reaction score
It doesn't take long... just keep an eye on it for about 5 minutes and it will eventually start up. Then try restarting it again and you should not see the clockwork program, it will boot as it should. I didn't plug mine in but I don't think it would make a difference either way. Good Luck. Let me know if it works for you.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the advice ill make sure that'll be first thing I try when I get home, right now im about to roll out to class. Ill make sure to let you kno how it goes, thanks again man.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Ok well 2 things. I tried what you said and it worked at first. But I noticed that my problem is when I have my phone off, plug in the charger, then try to boot it up.

I turned off my phone, changed batteries (I had left the Extended battery at home) then booted up the phone. It booted fine no problems, no Clockwork Mod.

Then I turn off my phone again, plug in my charger, let it sit for a little bit then turn it on again and THIS time Clockwork mod opens up as soon as I boot up my phone. Any suggestions? I've left the phone just sitting there on the clockwork mod screen for about 10 minutes now.

tmtlmllr

Reaction score
I've got nothing after what I've already suggested. Try asking the clockworkmod guys. Looks like their website is down but you may be able to get a hold of them via twitter. I can't believe I just recommended twitter! What a loser.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why I've been saying that there is an issue with bootstraps and why I don't recommend rooting Droid 2.

The way to stop your phone from booting up in clockwork every time is to sbf to stock.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Even if you are already stock you will still boot up in clockwork. Everything you need to fix this is in the thread I have provided.

AlexSB

Reaction score
This is why I've been saying that there is an issue with bootstraps and why I don't recommend rooting Droid 2.

The way to stop your phone from booting up in clockwork every time is to sbf to stock.

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Even if you are already stock you will still boot up in clockwork. Everything you need to fix this is in the thread I have provided.

Thank you so much hook I'll be looking into it very soon. And did read your thread about your experiences with rooting your D2, which is actually disheartening for me because recently getting over to the root side of things had made me more than happy with my D2 until one of the newer phones come around (Thunderbolt and looking into any info on the LG android phones coming out)