How to add "pause" to phone number entries in calendar

UWSkier

Reaction score
Background: I migrated over from Blackberry. One of the things I really liked was in Outlook, when you created a meeting with a webex (or other) conference bridge, you could enter something like this.

1-866-nnn-nnnnxyyyyyyyy#

The n's were the number for the service, the 'x' was a three second pause, and the y's were the bridge ID. '#' entered you into the bridge.

I can't for the life of me figure out a way to do this with my Droid Pro. I have a bunch of recurring calendar entries that are a massive pain in my arse now. It's next to impossible to join a conference call while driving. I see there are apps for pause dialing, but do they integrate with calendar entries?

OP
U

UWSkier

Reaction score
Yeah, that works when using the dialer. I'm trying to figure out how to put a link in a calendar entry that will dial the service and bridge ID all with one click. No way to do that that I can figure out.

ImSybilized

Reaction score
Yeah, that works when using the dialer. I'm trying to figure out how to put a link in a calendar entry that will dial the service and bridge ID all with one click. No way to do that that I can figure out.

The only way I've gotten it to work is to create a business card in contacts for the conference bridge inserting the pauses in the phone number between the number and the conference code. When you create the appointment attach the business card. It isn't all in one click, but two clicks are certainly better than trying to remember an 11 digit conference code and entering it while you drive by braille. Hope this helps.

I'm Sybil,ized :)