How or where can I view all the available Android Apps without an Android device?

montpelerin

Reaction score
OK, I'm probably going to be getting a Droid soon, but I would like to get a better look at what Apps are currently available.

Android Market only shows about 200 Apps on their website, along with the statement - "Check out our site for some of the more popular applications and games available in Android Market. For a comprehensive, up-to-date list of the thousands of titles that are available, you will need to view Android Market on a handset."

Does anybody know how or where else I can check out these other Apps?

Thanks

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
besides Androlib, you can also try

http://www.cyrket.com

Although I think lately they have had problems and the site has been going down from time to time. If it just loads a white screen then try again another time. :(

mact

Reaction score
and if you, errr...Google "anderoid apps" you will get several pages of suggestions.:)

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
One of the nice features that the Android Library has over others is the ability to log in and save apps as favorites. This way, when you get your Driod, you can just go back through and find everything really easy. The barcodes on each app will also take you right to the app in the market when you scan them with the phone.

Big Cam

Reaction score
One of the nice features that the Android Library has over others is the ability to log in and save apps as favorites. This way, when you get your Driod, you can just go back through and find everything really easy. The barcodes on each app will also take you right to the app in the market when you scan them with the phone.
You have just made my week. I have a list of about 30 apps written down that I am going to get but my 2 year contract isn't up until january, plus all the bugs should hopefully be out by then.:icon_ banana:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, and in those barcodes there can be links, text, market links, contact info, etc. They are pretty useful.

CharmPeddler

Reaction score
hmm. so i should be able to hold it up to the screen? and do it that way? cause i'm unable to do this so far. i've tried about 3-4 so far.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah you should open Barcode Scanner and just point it at the screen. You might have to try moving it closer or farther to let it focus on it since our cameras focus kinda half ass at the moment. I know at least one person though has reported that his phone just WILL NOT read any barcodes. He said he gets red corners on practically EVERY pic so that is probably why his code scanner is also screwy :/