How often do you "Ok Google Now"

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Alarms, mostly. Too lazy when tired, having a saved alarm template ready to be activated is priceless! About 5 times a week. And, for me, it's 'Ok, Droid Maxx', not that Google now crap. ;-)

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Tas

Reaction score
One can change that to say something to wake it??

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Naw, No settings were changed. I just tried something on a whim and it seemed to work. The phone may just be going by rhythm of the voice and not the actual words, I'm not really sure what the secret is. Go ahead and experiment and find out what works for you.

doogald

Reaction score
I've done a touchless control voice command twice in the nine weeks I've owned the phone. Both times were to set a reminder to turn off the gas on my grill in five minutes when I wasn't wearing the watch that has a timer which I usually wear.

I can't get past the feeling that talking to a phone is dorky...

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I use it a few times per week, mainly to look up random trivia or to set reminders. Also use it in place of Shazam ("Ok Google Now, what's this song?").

donzz

Reaction score
I was using it everyday. "ok google now, what's the score of the Tiger game. " It worked beautifully.

OP
M

Mr.Rotorflyr

Reaction score
Alarms, mostly. Too lazy when tired, having a saved alarm template ready to be activated is priceless! About 5 times a week.

I have two alarms saved, but can't seem to get them to activate by voice...not that it takes much to tap the screen a couple of times, but would still be kinda cool...:D

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I have two alarms saved, but can't seem to get them to activate by voice...not that it takes much to tap the screen a couple of times, but would still be kinda cool...:D

I don't think that's designed into it. GN has to create the alarm. It does base it off a stored default setting. So, set up what you like, and it will be used for those spur-of-the-moment times.

bonesvf103

Reaction score
I remember reading before this was coming out that all the touchless OK Google Now stuff was processed in the phone processor, ie, you didn't need an Internet connection for it to work except for things that actually need to access the Internet. For example, if you said "OK Google now, text XY" it would just process the command in one of those onboard processors and set up the text message.

But, I've noticed that instead what happens is that it goes onto the web and then processes the command. In fact, of you go on the web and look at your search history, every single Google Now command you had spoken is there. So my concern is that you incur data charges for ANY Google Now command you speak, whether it's just to call someone or use the GPS Navigation, etc. (Also a concern is that of course Google is data mining you). And this is especially expensive if you are overseas and using the command not knowing that you are getting data charges.

unless, of course, I'm missing something....anyone have thoughts on this?

boNes

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Google now talks back to you also, but it's more precise and to the point not a bunch of bs like siri trying to be a humanoid.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I use it occasionally. Yesterday I used it to make two phone calls while driving (my car Bluetooth has not been set up with my address book yet). I usually just use it to show customers how it works, by asking what the weather is today, or something like that.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I don't use it often. When I do I use it to send texts while driving. I find that it works more accurately then S-Voice for me.

Caesars

Reaction score
I use it to set my alarms, lazy I know:-(.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2