HOw much memory is needed? and should I get rid of things

joem1481

Reaction score
I use advanced app killer to clean up my memory. I have the widget on my home screen and use it often. How much memory is best to keep running. I hit the button all the time because the memory gets down to like 30. Does it really matter?

If so how do I increase my memory more often. Do I get rid of apps on the home screen? Delete them all together?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get rid of the app killer and see how the phone runs for a few days.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use advanced app killer to clean up my memory. I have the widget on my home screen and use it often. How much memory is best to keep running. I hit the button all the time because the memory gets down to like 30. Does it really matter?

If so how do I increase my memory more often. Do I get rid of apps on the home screen? Delete them all together?

This comes up more then frequently. It's daily.

Please read this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

And do not worry about app memory. This is not a blackberry, when a Droid needs more memory it will do what it needs to do to make it available.

And task killers are not necessary. If you do have a task that you need to shut down you can do it through your applications menu. If you must have a task killer do not have it set to automatically kill task.

ffej89

Reaction score
I'm with hook on this one. There are many reads on the internet on why you dont need to kill of apps. Android does a good job at app management. You may notice apps in the background but there not killed because their not running. Android leaves the apps for quick access rather then automatically close them all together.

OP
J

joem1481

Reaction score
I am going to ununstall app killer and see how it goes. I just downloaded 2.2 a couple weeks ago and it has been a little laggy.