How long does it take for Google checkout to refund you?

akj27

Reaction score
I bought an app on the 20th, deleted it the same day and was told my account was not gonna be charged... Today I check my statement and they did charge my account. When they say you won't be charged, I thought they meant I wasn't gonna be charged, not that they were gonna charge me and refund me 3 months later....

kennyg23

Reaction score
I bought an app on the 20th, deleted it the same day and was told my account was not gonna be charged... Today I check my statement and they did charge my account. When they say you won't be charged, I thought they meant I wasn't gonna be charged, not that they were gonna charge me and refund me 3 months later....
login at checkout.google.com and it will show you your past purchases. If there is a problem, report it there.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did a refund today. Took about 75 mins to show the refund.

But report it if they are not showing up.

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
Just checked the status and this is what showed up:

[SIZE=+1]Your order has been cancelled.[/SIZE] Jan 21
MobiTV, Inc. has cancelled your order. Your credit card won't be charged.
Reason: Other (describe below)
Comments from MobiTV, Inc.: "Cancellation requested from phone."

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

If you were charged and not refunded, Contact your card holder, And report the Developer to Google Checkout.

swallman

Reaction score

When you say you checked your statement, how did you do it ? Are you certain that is was not just an "authorization" that you are seeing ?

I did the same thing yesterday. When I downloaded the app, I got a $ 10 authorization on my bank account (I can see it on their website). Once the void gets processed (which might take a couple of days) the authorization will normally disappear.

kennyg23

Reaction score

Maybe the charge was for something else you bought from MobiTV?

techguru

Reaction score
As with any credit card purchase, it actually takes a couple of days for the charge to go through, but they put a hold for the amount. When Google Checkout does a refund, it does take 2-3 business days for the hold to be released. You are not in fact actually charged, with the following exception: If you use a Paypal debit card tied to a bank account or a debit card directly tied to a bank account as your payment method with Google Checkout, then you will be debited when the hold goes on. You will be credited when the hold is removed, but with Paypal, it will credit your paypal balance and not go back to your bank account unless you log onto paypal and expressly request money.

Alan