How is the bionic?

Cor3yS

Reaction score
Iphone5= iPhone4 lol dumb ppl are easy to trick and when is the prime or vigor gonna drop cuz I love having the baddest rooted customized phone on the block (og Droid ain't it anymore) btw which is gonna be better vigor or prime

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm coming from the OG DROID & I am totally blown away! Despite a few minor issues (which is to be expected with any new phone release), I am definitely satisfied.

Jstwondrng

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Coming from a Droid X, it is nothing short of nice. Fast UI feel, VERY fast internet :thumbsup:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Not sure what you mean about build quality. This thing seems solid. Unless your referring to what others are saying about the screen being a poor choice, but that is still up for debate as I can't seem to see the fuss.

I'm picky when it comes to build quality. The display tech doesn't bother me (though I see what they're talking about). It's just how the phone feels. To me both the OG and DX feel solid to me. I like a heavy feeling phone. Most of the stuff on the Bionic seems plastic to me.

The other issue I have is with the battery cover. If I put my finger by the hump and lightly press on it there is a popping sound. I've notice most phones with covers like this (Incredible) does this.

Finally, the screen does bother me. But not in the display. It seems to be common for it to move or wiggle. I made a topic about it here. While I don't believe it is anything to be considered about (not like it'll get caught and tear off) it is still an annoyance.

Those are my only real issues with the build.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
im torn between the $199 radio shack price and waiting for the prime

Either way I believe you'll be happy. Prime is still deep in rumor land anyways. Bionic is actually here :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Coming from a Droid X, it is nothing short of nice. Fast UI feel, VERY fast internet :thumbsup:

Agreed! I didn't think this phone would be enough of an upgrade from the X but man, my X was never this smooth even tweaked out and OC'd.

Bionic

Reaction score
Simply stated:

Screen: I have no complaints on quality, and as reported, it looks great in bright light. Best part? It literally sips energy. For the first time since I've had a smartphone, I don't have to worry about draining my battery by keeping my screen on the brightest setting and keeping the timeout at 60 seconds. Makes a great platform for watching Netflix or Slingplayer.

Camera: not so good. But I think a software update can fix it. It doesn't appear to be a sensor or lens issue, but a SW issue.

Speed: haven't found a reason to complain. This is by far the most fluid device I have ever used. It is extremely fast. Browsing on 3G is fast, and 4G and WiFi are pretty much as fast as my PC on FiOS. Top notch speed.

Stability: only one crash in 10 days, and that was when using the camcorder. Given that I picked it up on day 1, I'd say that's pretty good.

Battery: considering the speed and large, bright display, battery life has been more than acceptable. I do have the 2700 mA extended battery, and though LTE does suck a lot of juice, I have yet to not make it though the day - even with heavy use. Again, the screen is VERY efficient.

Phone: so far, so good. Reception is average, and sound quality is typical Moto, which is to say, better than average. Speakerphone is loud and clear, and I haven't had a single bluetooth issue.

Build quality is fine. Not the fortress my DROID OG was, but it's a lot lighter too. With a good case, and careful use, I see no reason it won't last me two years, and that's all I need.

All in all, my only real gripe is the camera, and I really do think this is a simple software issue.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Simply stated:

Screen: I have no complaints on quality, and as reported, it looks great in bright light.

So true. The OG DROID was horrible outside and un usable on sunny days. So far I can't believe how amazing it looks outside.