How do you use Titanium Back up?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded it so I'm trying to use it to back up my apps and eventually freeze the bloatware. Can someone explain or give me a link to some directions?

BuckyN8

Reaction score
I didnt want to start a new thread to ask this question, but say I were to switch rom's. Do I need to clean my phone out every time? In that case would it clear out any backups stored on my SD card?

revenge8

Reaction score
I didnt want to start a new thread to ask this question, but say I were to switch rom's. Do I need to clean my phone out every time? In that case would it clear out any backups stored on my SD card?

When going from one ROM to another say ROM X to ROM Y you should always wipe data and cache so no problems are caused. Then use TiBu to reinstall your apps with data so you dont lose everything

If you are going to just upgrade a ROM ..say ROM X.1.1 to ROM X.1.2 you can just wipe cache and that should be good enough.

its good to get into the habit of this.

clearing data will not erase anything from your sd card - backups will be safe, thats why they are stored there in the first place!