How do you use the voice feature

Reaction score
You can just say call john home, or call john cell.
If you just say call john, it will pull up options for that contact and you can choose which one.

OP
W
Reaction score
So if I am driving and want to use the voice feature can I just press and hold the magnifying glass?

OP
W
Reaction score
when using that feature can you say navigate to john doe (Instead of call john doe) and if his contact address is in your phone it will navigate you there?

lstroyan

Reaction score
Wow, this is so much better than "Voice Dialer" which I've been using.

It doesn't seem to find contacts for navigation. If I say just my name, it pulls it up in contacts but there is no way to get to the address. However, if I say, "Navigate to Lucille's restaurant" it pulls up navigation and gives me google search results. Would love to be able to combine them!

lstroyan

Reaction score
The Google search that the long hold brings up will also search your phone, though it can be a bit flaky.

I would love any hints for making it work better...mine is to use "Navigate to" or "Phone" rather than just the name of what you are looking for so that it specifically looks for a place or number.

dberthia

Reaction score
For the life of me I can't get it to voice dial my wife's mobile. I've tried:

"call Julie cell"
"call Julie's cell"
"call Julie at cell"
"call Julie mobile"
"call Julie's mobile"
"call Julie at mobile"

I've also tried adding our last name to all these options. It always pulls up the right person, but only the home number. Seems to work for some other contacts in my list, which is strange.

Zodduska

Reaction score
Mine won't call anyone, it just brings up a list of google searches. What gives?

hendrix

Reaction score
I have first and last name of everyone in my contacts. I just say, "Call Name Mobile" or "Call Name Home" and it dials up and goes.

Zodduska

Reaction score
when I do that it gives google search results for "Call Name Mobile"

(obviously in place of name it comes up the exact contacts name I spoke)

This is messed up, I just tried to use the "navigate" prefix and its just searching google including that word in the search.. just like "call"
Navigate voice search worked when I first got it.

Last edited:

gloster

Reaction score
Mine won't call anyone, it just brings up a list of google searches. What gives?

Mine behaves the exact same way. If I say "Call John Norris" if will perfectly recognize what I'm saying. However, it will google it in the web browser rather than voice dial. I've been trolling the forums looking for answers. Haven't found one yet.

Mark5047

Reaction score

Mine behaves the exact same way. If I say "Call John Norris" if will perfectly recognize what I'm saying. However, it will google it in the web browser rather than voice dial. I've been trolling the forums looking for answers. Haven't found one yet.

Same here - It even google searches the correct spelling of some contacts I have tried! Must be something we are missing.

Zodduska

Reaction score
I called Motorola's android help and talked to a level two tech about it, the best advice he had was to stop all Google services under settings application and restart the phone.. this got navigation voice commands working again but call still searches Google. The only other option he said was a factory reset which is under privacy settings, I haven't tried that yet.