How do you shoot 1080p video? No option for anything over SD in settings

edrock200

Reaction score
I'm feeling really dumb, as I can't figure out how to shoot HD video with the bionic. I go to camcorder, settings, resolution and the highest I can go is 720x480. It's a bone stock bionic with the exception of an extended battery. What am I missing?

gsDroid

Reaction score
In the video options resolution can be set wo 1080 by scrolling to it. Slide down on the screen and 1080 is above 720.

asghar

Reaction score
Where you able to set this to 1080? I do not see anything above 720 also.

asghar

Reaction score
Is your Widescreen options CHECKED or not? I only see the highest of 720.

asghar

Reaction score
Once I touch and hold the screen to scroll I see the blue bar on the right indicating me that I am all the way up.

km75

Reaction score
If you have data encryption set up on the droid 3 it doesn't allow you to record in 1080 ( clearly states that if you select data encryption). I assume its the same with the bionic. That could be the problem in your case.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

asghar

Reaction score
I though the same, I have even tried saving it as VGA and go back into the menu but had no luck.

While I am there I was looking at the camera settings also and am not sure how to set them for 8 MP either. By default it says Widescreen (unchecked) and 8MP images under it, does that mean I need to check it to get 8 MP images? Once I do check it the 8 MP part changes to 6MP images to match the screen. but as soon as I exit the Setting menu, it un-checks the box on its own.

asghar

Reaction score
Never would have thought about the encryption level, I have Device data encryption UNCHECK and Storage encryption CHECK (don't have the option to uncheck it probably because I have work email coming to my phone. Would this keep me from doing 1080P and for that matter 8 MP on the camera also?

km75

Reaction score
Never would have thought about the encryption level, I have Device data encryption UNCHECK and Storage encryption CHECK (don't have the option to uncheck it probably because I have work email coming to my phone. Would this keep me from doing 1080P and for that matter 8 MP on the camera also?

Just checked for you. Selecting device data encryption doesn't give the warning about not being able to record in higher resolutions, only storage encryption does. So that is definitely why you can't record in 1080. That being said the warning specifically used the word "record" so I'm not certain if the problem you have with the 8mp is related. I would temporarily apply the encryption to test it out for you but I applied it before and it made it so that my laptop wouldn't recognize any of my music that I had on my sd card. Don't want to go through that process again. Sorry. But as I mentioned, recording in 1080 is a no go if storage encrption is being utilized

km75

Reaction score
I though the same, I have even tried saving it as VGA and go back into the menu but had no luck.

While I am there I was looking at the camera settings also and am not sure how to set them for 8 MP either. By default it says Widescreen (unchecked) and 8MP images under it, does that mean I need to check it to get 8 MP images? Once I do check it the 8 MP part changes to 6MP images to match the screen. but as soon as I exit the Setting menu, it un-checks the box on its own.

If you want to take 8 mp pics leave it un-checked. If you check the box it will automatically change it to 6 mp. I don't understand why that's the case but that just the way it is