How do you put pics on the memory card?

Chupp75

Reaction score
well i uploaded all the pics off my old memory card onto my laptop and was gonna put them on my droid but cant figure out how. can someone help dancedroid

bje1982

Reaction score
well i uploaded all the pics off my old memory card onto my laptop and was gonna put them on my droid but cant figure out how. can someone help dancedroid

Connect phone to computer..

On phone pulldown notification bar, select usb mounted, when prompted to either mount or dont mount choose mount..

Back on the computer a window will pop up with options, choose open folder to view files..

Open your picture folder..

Now open your picture folder that you saved to your laptop..

Select all and click and drag onto your phone..

Thats it.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Just plug the droid into the computer, when it beeps or "droids" at you that it's connected pull down the notification bar and select the 'USB connected; select here to copy files to/from your computer', then Mount.

Now you should see the droid come up on your computer as a USB Mass Storage Device with it's own drive letter assigned. Just open it up like any other drive and drag and drop your files wherever you want them.

Edit: Doh, someone beat me to it. :)

OP
Chupp75

Chupp75

Reaction score
when i open it to view files theres no set picture file. theres android, handcent, prettyweather, tmp, zedge, backgrounds, crashlogs, download, tunny browser, dcim, lost.dir

also how do i put music/videos on it

bje1982

Reaction score
when i open it to view files theres no set picture file. theres android, handcent, prettyweather, tmp, zedge, backgrounds, crashlogs, download, tunny browser, dcim, lost.dir

also how do i put music/videos on it

you can create a picture folder your phone will find them and put them in the gallery for you..

music and video is the same way..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

When the camera takes a picture it's located in DCIM>Camera. That's where I put any pictures I want to add.

OP
Chupp75

Chupp75

Reaction score

When the camera takes a picture it's located in DCIM>Camera. That's where I put any pictures I want to add.

okay ill give it a go. so if i want to put music just create a music folder and add songs?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

okay ill give it a go. so if i want to put music just create a music folder and add songs?

I thinks that's the way to do it. I've put a bunch of short films by Rifftrax into the sd card by creating a file called "Videos" and putting them in there. If it were music, I'd do the same (but call the file "Music" of course).

OP
Chupp75

Chupp75

Reaction score
would it be different if i took the sd card out of my phone and put t in an adapter?

listenman20

Reaction score
would it be different if i took the sd card out of my phone and put t in an adapter?

nope....works the same way. plugging your phone in and selecting mount card basically makes your phone the reader.