How do you make new photo albums save to the SD card by default?

Eschurr

Reaction score
I'm running 4.1.2 on my SIII. I love that you can create photo albums in the gallery. But when i create a new album in the gallery app the album gets saved to the phone, not the SD card. I want all my photos on the SD card. How do i do that?

(when I take a picture it's automatically stored on my SD card).

OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
Gallery is fairly inflexible compared to QuickPic. I would suggest giving it a tryout.

Thanks. I installed it but i can't see how to create an album on my external card. When i choose add it lets me select the folder but I can't get to the external card directory

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The process differs from device to device but in the lower left corner you should be able to select root then removable, (SD Card), then upper right menu key (add).

OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
Weird. I can get to the root but it won't let me get the external sd card.looks like my only option is to move the album folder every time i create it. Seems totally stupid to me that gallery won't let you indicate where the folder would be

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Gallery IS stupid for the most part. It's a default Google app and there are better replacements for most of the stock apps.

DroDough

Reaction score
Plug your phone in to the computer. Once you do open up the box where you can see your phone and external SD card. Go to which ever is the default where your photos are stored. Once you get in to there find the folder labeled DCIM, open the folder. Create a new folder in the DCIM and label it whatever you want. Once you do that close everything out, eject your phone from the computer and now you should see the folder you created in the gallery.