how do you change a contacts name once it has been sync'd with facebook

vdoubleu04

Reaction score
Is there any way to change a contacts name to like a nickname instead of having there facebook name in your contacts list...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bump -- I know this has been answered, but I cant figure it out.

Stupid friends and their facebook nicknames.

big.daddy

Reaction score
i think you can if you turn off facebook sync before you edit them.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried that -- for some reason, this particular account takes the facebook name, and not the name in my contacts or the nickname.

This guy adds a II to the end of his name, so facebook shows it as X Y Z II, and I just want it to say X Z. The droid shows him as X II.

Argh

kristoff125

Reaction score
How about adding a phone number to a facebook contact, I just constantly have to add new contacts with just the number because I can't edit facebook contacts...

bder215

Reaction score
How about adding a phone number to a facebook contact, I just constantly have to add new contacts with just the number because I can't edit facebook contacts...

the solution to this problem (at least the one that I used) was to go onto my gmail on my PC and create a contact there with a phone #... with the same name as the facebook contact that I wanted the phone # to be under and after it synced it should place the phone # into the facebook contact info

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

the solution to this problem (at least the one that I used) was to go onto my gmail on my PC and create a contact there with a phone #... with the same name as the facebook contact that I wanted the phone # to be under and after it synced it should place the phone # into the facebook contact info

what i do is make the number a new contact and name it exactly like the facebook contact. it will automatically put the number under the facebook contact.

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

what i do is make the number a new contact and name it exactly like the facebook contact. it will automatically put the number under the facebook contact.

foget it, i thought you were trying to add a number to a facebook contact...sorry.

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

forget it, i thought you were trying to add a number to a facebook contact...sorry.

suestrong315

Reaction score
Is there any way to change a contacts name to like a nickname instead of having there facebook name in your contacts list...

Hi...

I know it's been a few years since this thread was started. However, I ran into this issue earlier today with my Galaxy S3 and was searching the net for the solution. I actually figured it out on my own, and anyone in the future with this problem; it's easily fixable.

If you find that after syncing FB with your contact list and next thing you know "Mom" becomes "Maryanne Smith-Jones" this is what you do:

Within the contact there should be a Google symbol as well as a FB symbol. When you try to return your mom's name to "Mom" it'll be available via Google, yet FB will still take presidence over the title of the contact. Next to those two symbols there should be a closed link. Click it and unlink the Google contact from the FB contact. Then, from the contact labeled "Mom" link it back to your mother's FB account. Since you're linking FB into Google, it will assume the Google title. If you link the Google title into FB it will assume the FB title.

So to recap.

Mom linking to FB Maryanne Smith-Jones = Maryanne Smith-Jones
FB Maryanne Smith-Jones linking to Mom = Mom

So, if you're like me with creative nicknames for people, unlink them and then link the FB name into the original contact and it will assume the nickname you previously designated.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
You can't edit or delete a facebook account from the phone, you have to BE in facebook for this, then update the information via sync, then it will show up on your phone in the new order.

Facebook accounts are sync'd TO your phone FROM facebook, and it is facebook you need to be in, to make those changes, as nothing from facebook is actually ON your phone, only the data you stored there, is there.
All other facebook data is transferred to the phone as an active 'image' file, and the main file you need to alter/delete/edit, has to be done while you are actually signed in to Facebook.

I don't like this method, but it does take up less data on your phone or SD card.