How do you buy apps that are in a different currency?

kinderadam

Reaction score
Whenever I try to buy an app, let's say in euros, and I use dollars, how do I buy it? I always get an error message when trying to buy apps that are not in $. Thanks for ur help.

lauriep

Reaction score
What credit card are you using? There was another thread about this and it seemed the problem was with AmEx and Discovery. Another poster used MC successfully, and I use VISA with no problems.

Mayze

Reaction score
I use Visa and I get the same messages. I'm not able to purchase anything that is not in american currency.

Last edited:

lauriep

Reaction score
Don't know then, because my Visa works and just converts the charge to USD.

monkeydog

Reaction score
It is usually the bank blocking the transaction and not the card. For instance I have a MC and cannot purchase anything that isn't in USD because the bank outsources its credit card security to some other company and that company had the great idea to block all foreign transactions no matter what and there's no way to lift the restriction...

pilot25

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with AMEX. Google checkout says AMEX is for US only. Then I used a VISA Debit card and still no dice. I called the bank and they said no restrictions are on the card.

Stupid. I just hope all the really great apps come from the US 'cause I'm not getting a card just for apps.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No problems using either my Visa or Amex....But I do have both of them authorized for out of country use....YMMV

lauriep

Reaction score
Some really good ones come from overseas. Truly a global phone!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No problems using either my Visa or Amex....But I do have both of them authorized for out of country use....YMMV

What foreign apps have you bought with your AMEX?

Digital delivery 1 GDE - The new home experience! - A new android desktop with some features never seen before! Like cube, stretch and fading transitions and endless scroll. ... €2.25
Total: €2.25 [SIZE=-2](includes VAT €0.00)[/SIZE]
Paid with: AMEX xxx-1701