How do I "update" my addresses?

Mandakorff

Reaction score
When I first got my Droid, the store uploaded my addresses for me. I have made improvements and additions to my computer address book and would like to upload a more current list to my phone. Can someone help me do this plz?
Thanks

harrellj

Reaction score
How are you accessing your contacts on your computer? You should be able to export them (use csv as a format) and if you go to google.com/contacts you can import them there, and they'll auto-sync to your phone.

HouseOfZane

Reaction score
Yeah.... Just import your contacts to google and then just have the sync run on your phone. That's your best and easiest bet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mandakorff

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I'm glad you can't see my face because I am ashamed that I need such basic step by step advice. I went to google.com as you said and I watched the video. It shows step by step on the computer, (a Windows which I don not have) but it doesn't show what I need to do on my Droid. I also went to the apps on my phone. There was no "sync" application on my phone.

I really need baby step by step advice. By the way I am a bit confused because I use the address book on my Mac so it's not an Outlook Express acct. Do I have to connect my phone to my computer at all?

Thanks for your patience.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I'm glad you can't see my face because I am ashamed that I need such basic step by step advice. I went to google.com as you said and I watched the video. It shows step by step on the computer, (a Windows which I don not have) but it doesn't show what I need to do on my Droid. I also went to the apps on my phone. There was no "sync" application on my phone.

I really need baby step by step advice. By the way I am a bit confused because I use the address book on my Mac so it's not an Outlook Express acct. Do I have to connect my phone to my computer at all?

Thanks for your patience.

No worries. The answers are in gmail.

Importing CSV files - Gmail Help

Don't be afraid, it's not hard to do.

OP
M

Mandakorff

Reaction score
importing addresses

Ok, thanks so much. I am afraid to do anything like delete everything in my phone until I understand, so plz bear with me. I do not have a gmail address book, or hotmail or windows. I only have the @ book on my Mac.

Do I have to create a g-mail acct---transfer my @ book to it and then do this stuff? I don't know which one to select since it doesn't say Mac or @ book...

Do I have to do something like "sync" to my phone for this to work or just leave it alone?
Do I have connect my phone to my Mac computer?

I guess when you don't know, you hesitate to do anything.

harrellj

Reaction score
If you have a droid phone, you have a gmail account. It'd be whatever you used to set it up with.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with your particular piece of software, but that @ book should have an ability to export the files (generally in a file > import/export menu). Once you get there, tell it to export your contacts as a .csv (comma separated value) file. Go to http://www.google.com/contacts and login to it with the same credentials that your phone required on initial setup. In that new window, on the upper right corner, there should be an import link. Click it, find wherever your .csv file is from the @ book and tell it to save. The phone automatically syncs your contacts, it'll take a bit after adding in the new information.

Droid phones are Google phones, so anything in a Google account (which is the account your phone is using) will generally synchronize to your phone in some fashion, usually not requiring any connection to a computer.

Sharp

Reaction score
re: Address Book (Contacts)

The easiest way to keep your contacts up-to-day is as follows:

If you have an existing contacts on your old phone synchronies it with Verizon Back-up Assistant.

From that point, anytime you would like to update your contacts, do it through Verizon web site.

Transfer your contacts fro Verizon web site to your new Droid phone (synchronies).