help with yahoo email please

nooter99

Reaction score
When I access my yahoo email through the email app in the app drawer, it seems to work fine except for one issue. When I compose a new email, I can't access my address book to put recipients into the "to" window. I assumed if I started to type someones name that is in my address book it would intuitively show names starting with those first few letters I type, but I get nothing, and have to type out the entire address. What am I missing here? When texting it works fine, starts listing all names in address book as soon as I type a couple of letters. Any thoughts?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just checked with mine. You need to have an email associated with the recipient. So in contacts you need to list an email address as well as phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Went through the manual setup provided by mwhartman, still no luck! All my contacts have email addresses associated with them. Wierd thing is, when I go to folders, I can access everything except my address book, sent...drafts...trash...inbox etc. but no address book! It's driving me nuts!! Not much point in having an email app if I can't send an email!!!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand your frustration. I wish I had a solution.

Mike