How do I transfer the music from my desktop to my Maxx?

rosariorose9

Reaction score
When I mount the Maxx to my desktop and explore the internal memory and sd card I see no pre-existing folder into which I can transfer the music from my desktop. Is there one there, or do I need to create one. If I need to create one, is there any particular place I should be doing that so that the music player will locate/recognize that file/folder. Thanks!

DocsDad

Reaction score
When I mount the Maxx with a USB it shows the extra drive in "my computer". I open it and choose "music" and drag music files into that file. Unless I am missing the question, hope that helps.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
When I mount the Maxx with a USB it shows the extra drive in "my computer". I open it and choose "music" and drag music files into that file. Unless I am missing the question, hope that helps.

Thanks for your response, DocsDad! I don't see any "music" folder in either the sd or the internal memory of the Maxx. Are you seeing that in the sd or the internal memory, and if I may ask, what are the folders which you are seeing above and below that "music" folder??

DocsDad

Reaction score
Sounds like I am misunderstanding. I see the extra drive on my laptop when I mount my device with the USB to the computer. For me it showed as a "removable H" drive along with "C" drive, "D" drive etc.

I opened the removable "H" drive, then opened DCIM and then music. (going by memory here)

The I dragged he laptop's music files to the devise's music file.

Unplugged the usb and BAM. there it is :)

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, DocsDad, but there was no "Music" folder in the DCIM file, or anywhere else in either drive. So, I created a folder on the sd card, named it "Music", and placed my music there. It works fine.

Thanks again.

DocsDad

Reaction score
OK, sorry I wasn't of more help. Glad its working though.

Rock On....

William_04_x

Reaction score
FWIW, DCIM is typically the storage location for your cameras picture files. You'll find a few sub folders if you drill down.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
So create a directory on your external SD card named "Music" or if you use Google music app name it "amazonmp3".
or keep it simple and just name it "Music". Verify that you are on the external not the internal SD card and it's drag and drop time.