How do I stop sending text to multi people

SpaZZoiD

Reaction score
Ok when someone sends me a picture message that they sent to multi people, when I reply it sends my message to everyone they sent the picture to. Does and one know how to change this so its not the default? Its kind of confusing so if you need more info just ask. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ok when someone sends me a picture message that they sent to multi people, when I reply it sends my message to everyone they sent the picture to. Does and one know how to change this so its not the default? Its kind of confusing so if you need more info just ask. Thanks in advance!

In the text messaging app, hit menu -> messaging settings -> uncheck "thread group conversations." See if that does it.

OP
S

SpaZZoiD

Reaction score
No that didnt fix my problem, all it does is:
Say my buddy sent a pic to me and 3 other people, if i uncheck thead groups that just makes it so when i text back it will open 3 seperate convos in my inbox.
If I keep it checked it keeps it in one convo.

Still i have no way to stop this!!!!!

OP
S

SpaZZoiD

Reaction score
This is really bugging me..... having to open a whole new text/convo to reply to the person who sent me the pic. Its just a pain in the butt and needs to be a way to turn it off!!!!

Also has anyone had this happen to them? : sometimes when i go to send a text, i hit the send button and the last word in the text i just sent is in the typeing box ready to be sent again. It dont happen always so i dont know if its something im doing or a bug.

fawng

Reaction score
Mine does it too! I HATE IT! I have people calling me and texting asking me who I am!

What do you mean use a different application? Can you give an example? This is my first android device so I have no idea what you mean. I'm just using what is on the phone.

HELP!

celtic11

Reaction score
Use a different SMS/MMS application...

I don't think that will help. I used handcent on my d1 and it didn't do that but using handcent on my D3 and it does.

To the poster above me. Pretty much anything that comes on your phone can be changed if you don't like it. If you don't like your messaging app, go to the market and download a different one. You cant replace the stock app but you can use a different one that allows for more customization. Handcent and GO sms are two popular ones.

jtucker

Reaction score
Just figured it out!!!

This has been pissing me and my wife off.

LONG PRESS on the message that was sent to multiple people, then there is an option for REPLY TO SENDER and it opens up a sms/mms to just the person that sent and not the whole group.

celtic11

Reaction score

LONG PRESS on the message that was sent to multiple people, then there is an option for REPLY TO SENDER and it opens up a sms/mms to just the person that sent and not the whole group.

Your my hero. Seriously. Im sending you a gift basket.

jtucker

Reaction score
A gift basket full of booze would work just fine... cash is good too ;-)

uabamafan

Reaction score
Open the message and click on the picture in the top left corner beside "Multiple Recipients". Choose the one you want to send a message to, and it should open a new message window. Hope this is what you're looking for! :)

HarleyG33k

Reaction score

Thanks for that tip, it works great with the stock app. However, it does not work with Handcent. Anyone know of a setting/fix for Handcent users? I too am sick of getting texts/calls from people wondering who I am. This never happened with my Droid X (using stock messaging, or Handcent). It doesn't warn you or anything.....just assumes that you want to send a reply to every single person the original sender sent it to.

*EDIT* I just uninstalled Handcent and decided to give Go SMS a shot. Same issue, and cannot find any options to prevent this from happening.

Last edited:

imanoperaluvr

Reaction score
The long press to send to sender only is, thankfully, SOMETHING that can be done to prevent responding to everyone and their brother. However, WHY, WHY, WHY can't there be a permanent fix so you don't have to do this step??? If anyone hears of such a fix, please let me know! Thank you!