How do I remove Liberty Rom?

flyingsushi

Reaction score
Can some help me and give me some instructions on how to remove this Liberty Rom?

Thanks

bkendrick

Reaction score
Not enough info in your question. You can't just remove it. You can flash another ROM which depends on install steps for that ROM and may require an SBF. You can also just SBF.

DX. CFU. LIB GB.9

OP
F

flyingsushi

Reaction score
I am a real novice at best here. I am not sure what info is important. I have a rooted droid X and currently using Liberty v2.0.1

Is there any other info that can help? I don't know if I can but I would like to remove this ROM, turn it off or whatever. I would like to go back to the way my phone was after I rooted but before I installed Liberty.

Yes, I am a visual learner, maybe if there is a youtube tutorial that would be best.

On a side note, what I don't like is my keypad. Is this what it is called? Where you go to dial numbers. Is there an app for this I could use that I might like better than the way it is now?

I am not sure what SBF stands for?

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I am a real novice at best here. I am not sure what info is important. I have a rooted droid X and currently using Liberty v2.0.1

Is there any other info that can help? I don't know if I can but I would like to remove this ROM, turn it off or whatever. I would like to go back to the way my phone was after I rooted but before I installed Liberty.

Yes, I am a visual learner, maybe if there is a youtube tutorial that would be best.

On a side note, what I don't like is my keypad. Is this what it is called? Where you go to dial numbers. Is there an app for this I could use that I might like better than the way it is now?

I am not sure what SBF stands for?

OH!
Don't use that SBF then.
That is the gingerbread SBF.
You want froyo.
New Full SBF for Droid X - 2.3.340

Before you flash the SBF...
You should probably use titanium backup (in the market) to backup your applications...
SBF back to stock froyo...
You'll then be prompted to update your phone...it may take a few hours...or even a couple days.
If you wan't to stay on froyo (don't) you'll have to root your phone (Just use Z4root, an .apk that is easily findable online) and remove a bloat application for the update to fail.
If you want gingerbread (you do) just accept the update.
Or you can go to Settings>About>check for update to have it come up automatically.
You can then re-root gingerbread if you wish...
Using this application/tutorial.
[ROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)
(Yes, it works on the DX)
And then use titanium backup again to restore your apps.

SBF tutorials:
Manually:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11118819&postcount=2

Or use this, which does it completely for you:
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ootable-linux-cd-soley-sbf-headache-free.html

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can some help me and give me some instructions on how to remove this Liberty Rom?

Thanks

Why do you want to remove it?

An easy way to change would be to find a rom you do like and flash it. That will replace the current rom with a new one. Look through all the roms available in the Droid X Roms subforum and pick the one you like the best.

Good luck.

reposter432

Reaction score
You could try GO Contacts for some alternative themes. It's free on the Market. I recommend most GO software.

Wadman

Reaction score
I am probably going to get rid of liberty as well. Want to get back to stock so I can accept the update and then maybe move to liberty GB. I am using the ling that was posted to the headache free linux deal and am currently downloading the file. Two questions....1. Do I need to download both of the files....2. Someone said it could take hours even days to flash this? Is that normal. Reason being, I don't want to start doing this and then not be able to finish. Plus it would be hard to go without my phone for an extended period of time. Thanks. Any help would be great..

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am probably going to get rid of liberty as well. Want to get back to stock so I can accept the update and then maybe move to liberty GB. I am using the ling that was posted to the headache free linux deal and am currently downloading the file. Two questions....1. Do I need to download both of the files....2. Someone said it could take hours even days to flash this? Is that normal. Reason being, I don't want to start doing this and then not be able to finish. Plus it would be hard to go without my phone for an extended period of time. Thanks. Any help would be great..

If you are using the Linux CD method, just download the iso and burn it to a disc. If you are using RSD Lite, you will need the sbf file and drivers from Moto. It takes about 10 minutes to flash the sbf file on your phone from start to finish.

random rom'd X

Wadman

Reaction score
If you are using the Linux CD method, just download the iso and burn it to a disc. If you are using RSD Lite, you will need the sbf file and drivers from Moto. It takes about 10 minutes to flash the sbf file on your phone from start to finish.random rom'd X[/QUOTEThere are 2 iso files. Download both and write them to cd? I downloaded the first one and went into boot and chose boot from cd and nothing happened. I'm downloading the other file as we speak. Do I even need it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are using the Linux CD method, just download the iso and burn it to a disc. If you are using RSD Lite, you will need the sbf file and drivers from Moto. It takes about 10 minutes to flash the sbf file on your phone from start to finish.random rom'd X[/QUOTEThere are 2 iso files. Download both and write them to cd? I downloaded the first one and went into boot and chose boot from cd and nothing happened. I'm downloading the other file as we speak. Do I even need it?

You just need to download the first file which is the Froyo sbf iso. Then use the burn software to burn the iso to a disc. When the disc is complete, eject, then reinsert. Then shut your computer down. Now, turn it on and when you get to the bootscreen (which is usually the screen with the computer manufacturers logo), hit F8 (or F12 depending on your computer). HP and Compaq are F8.

random rom'd X

Wadman

Reaction score
You just need to download the first file which is the Froyo sbf iso. Then use the burn software to burn the iso to a disc. When the disc is complete, eject, then reinsert. Then shut your computer down. Now, turn it on and when you get to the bootscreen (which is usually the screen with the computer manufacturers logo), hit F8 (or F12 depending on your computer). HP and Compaq are F8.

random rom'd X

I did this and for some reason it isn't working. It goes to the screen where I can choose to boot from CD and I choose that and it boots up normally like it always does.....sorry if I seem like an idiot