How do i merge my Facebook contacts with a phone number contact?

alecsputnik

Reaction score
Hello I am finding that I am starting to have 2 of every contact I have because my phone won't allow me to update contact info for a Facebook contact. There was a "merge" option when i first got the Droid X, but since there have been some updates, that option no longer exists. Is there a good work around for this issue?
I am running System Version 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version 2.3.4

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

nycdch64

Reaction score
I found how to do this

Hello I am finding that I am starting to have 2 of every contact I have because my phone won't allow me to update contact info for a Facebook contact. There was a "merge" option when i first got the Droid X, but since there have been some updates, that option no longer exists. Is there a good work around for this issue?
I am running System Version 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version 2.3.4

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

I did a google search b/c I was having this same problem - it was annoying - I found out how to combine your contacts:

select the contact
then: menu > edit contact
then: menu > join
select the contact you want to join/merge (it gives you the similar contact-usually the FB contact)

the name you wish to appear as your contact, should be the contact you select first - if you want the name of your contact to be the name they are on FB, then choose that one first & join w/the one you manually added into your contacts - and the other way, of course, if you choose the manual name as opposed to their FB name....

I'm so happy I found it - my contacts are now only 1 of each, it's a joy - hee hee
good luck

Reaction score
I use Contapps, great contacts app. It will automatically merge everything that has a matching name. It uses the facebook pic as your contact pic and keeps them updated. You can manually link entries also.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bart.Cunningham said:
I use Contapps, great contacts app. It will automatically merge everything that has a matching name. It uses the facebook pic as your contact pic and keeps them updated. You can manually link entries also.

Do you have a link to that app?