How do I know what OS and browser I have?

RockyRR

Reaction score
I have heard terms for Android OS's such as Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, etc. How can I find out what OS my Droid Bionic has? Also, how do I find out what browser my droid has? What is the best browser for me? Can you have more than one browser installed just like in a PC?

Thanks,
Rocky

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Menu>Settings>About Phone

Android Version

Anything with 2.3 is Gingerbread 4.0 is Ice Cream Sandwitch

For the browser:

Menu>Manage Apps>All>Browser

Yes, you can have as many web browsers as you want.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adding to that, what's the best browser for you is something you'll have to figure out for yourself. Fortunately like tjk629 said, you can have as many web browsers as you want. Dolphin HD is a good one. I use Boat Browser, but there are others to try.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I have heard terms for Android OS's such as Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, etc. How can I find out what OS my Droid Bionic has? Also, how do I find out what browser my droid has? What is the best browser for me? Can you have more than one browser installed just like in a PC?

Thanks,
Rocky

Sounds like you're stock... so you are running gingerbread 2.3.4... And you also have the stock browser 2.3.4

They got a million different browsers out there but I always end up coming back to the stock one... In may not have some of the toys and addons the market browsers have but its the most stable as a daily driver

OP
R

RockyRR

Reaction score
Thanks, folks, for your feedback....it has been helpful.
Rocky

Oakback

Reaction score
Checked my bionic as per the above instructions.

Mine reads "Android Version 2.3.4"

Is it Gingerbread or ICS?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Checked my bionic as per the above instructions.

Mine reads "Android Version 2.3.4"

Is it Gingerbread or ICS?

As stated above, 2.3.X (X being any number) is Gingerbread. 3.X is Honeycomb, and is for tablets only. 4.X is Ice Cream Sandwich, and brings tablets, phones, and other mobile devices back to a common operating system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Oakback

Reaction score
As stated above, 2.3.X (X being any number) is Gingerbread. 3.X is Honeycomb, and is for tablets only. 4.X is Ice Cream Sandwich, and brings tablets, phones, and other mobile devices back to a common operating system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thank you