How do I get pics & vids default to sd card?

droidx2010

Reaction score
It seems like all the pics & vids i take are defaulting to my dx phone memory. when i plug my sd card in my computer, there is nothing there. how can i get everything to default to my memory card? I got a 32g card & nothing is saving to it.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
It seems like all the pics & vids i take are defaulting to my dx phone memory. when i plug my sd card in my computer, there is nothing there. how can i get everything to default to my memory card? I got a 32g card & nothing is saving to it.
They already go to the SD card...you just arent looking in the right folder.:)

Open the SD Card and navigate to the folder titled "DCIM", in there you will see 4 other folders: .spmo, .thumbnails, 100ANDRO and Camera<---this is the folder you want. Inside the Camera folder you will find all pics and vids you have taken in chronological order...oldest to newest if you are using Astro Viewer on your phone.

xan

Reaction score
Also no need to take card out, you can plug the phone directly into PC with usb cable and mount the sd card through the phone. after plugging in pull down the usb notification in the status bar and set it to mount sdcard.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

Open the SD Card and navigate to the folder titled "DCIM", in there you will see 4 other folders: .spmo, .thumbnails, 100ANDRO and Camera<---this is the folder you want. Inside the Camera folder you will find all pics and vids you have taken in chronological order...oldest to newest if you are using Astro Viewer on your phone.
Already did that - I scanned my sd card & nothing was there. plugged my phone to my computer & found everything there.

They don't already go to the SD card...something's wrong.

grace1169

Reaction score

Already did that - I scanned my sd card & nothing was there. plugged my phone to my computer & found everything there.

You are true that sth is wrong. Main can default to Sd..

BodyBagz

Reaction score

How are you "scanning" the SD card? Is it is installed in the phone? Im sorry, but the phone cant default to save the pix elsewhere...they will always go to the SD card, in the folder labeled DCIM, and then in the folder labeled Camera.

Make sure you have the SD card installed properly in the phone. Also, what Class is the 32GB Sd Card? Some are reporting that the DX does not like to play with Class 6 cards, but has no issues with Class 2 and Class 4 cards..

Getting upset isnt going to do you any good...arguing about the help being offered will do you even less...so slow down and explain better...

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

How are you "scanning" the SD card? Is it is installed in the phone? Im sorry, but the phone cant default to save the pix elsewhere...they will always go to the SD card, in the folder labeled DCIM, and then in the folder labeled Camera.

Make sure you have the SD card installed properly in the phone. Also, what Class is the 32GB Sd Card? Some are reporting that the DX does not like to play with Class 6 cards, but has no issues with Class 2 and Class 4 cards..

Getting upset isnt going to do you any good...arguing about the help being offered will do you even less...so slow down and explain better...
Sorry - just got back from vacation & didn't read this til now.

I got the 32GB card ordered by verizon when I got my phone.
Getting upset? How did you come up with that?? I was only answering the questions in order. I never did caps, used bad language, or anything like that.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Sorry - just got back from vacation & didn't read this til now.

I got the 32GB card ordered by verizon when I got my phone.
Getting upset? How did you come up with that?? I was only answering the questions in order. I never did caps, used bad language, or anything like that.
Sorry, by saying "upset", I was inferring getting either agitated or disgusted with your phone...not as in "angry" with me...The internet does not do well with just text to relay intent...

Now, again, even though Verizon sold you a 32Gb card, there can still be an issue with the card...not all 32GB cards are compliant with use in the DX. Check the actual "class" of the sd card and see if there are reports of that class card not working with the DX...Class 6 I believe is one class that has had issues...

Also, again, how are you "scanning" your SD card? Are you using the "Files" app on the phone, a downloaded app such as Astro File or some other app, or by way of USB and Windows? To date, I have not seen or heard of a way to "make" the DX auto-save pictures or videos to the internal memory (8Gb) of the device. By Default, the Android OS sends all pics and videos shot with the camera to the SD card, in the DCIM folder, inside the Camera folder....

Gingercomb/Touch Of Juice is a theme by user mcp770 released for the original GingerBread OS leak from P3Droid, and now updated for the current release .595. Its a very sleek and visually appealing Theme...click that link you quoted and it will carry you over to the actual release thread and you can have a look at it...