How do I do this?

megraven21

Reaction score
I bought Enhanced Caller ID & SMS, an excellent app that reads my gmail & text messages out loud. I got everything to work except the sms messages. I know its Go SMS thats the problem since I uninstalled it and ECID worked just fine but i would love to be able to use both. I emailed the dev and he suggested something but I don't exactly know what it means. I feel a little stupid asking, I feel I should know this stuff already, but could someone explain what this means?

"toggle a go SMS setting that hides the system notification."

If this doesn't work or isn't possible to do, he is out of ideas. I'd really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks!
MRaven

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

megraven21

Reaction score
I would agree except he already had me try that and it didn't work so this was his "other" or last suggestion.

~ MRaven

Sent from my Razr Maxx using DroidForums

marty13

Reaction score
Hello! I know im late to the party but I just encountered this same issue and finally figured it out after many attempts so I figured I wohld post here for anyone who may run upon this thread in the future. The fix is quite simple. In go sms, just go into settings, then notification settings and un check "enable notifications". You may have already tried this with no results as I did numerous times myself until I decided to reboot after the change just for the heck of it. BAM! After a reboot it works great! Hope someone else finds this useful at some point down the road. Both Go sms and eCID are great apps that compliment each other well when working in harmony.