How do I disable text to speech?

Anarfea

Reaction score
I can't get my razzr maxx to shut up. It reads back my text messages, email, and forum posts out loud when I type. I have Talkback disabled. I have web scripts disabled. Even turning the volume off doesn't make it stop.

Please help this is the most annoying thing ever.

ETA nevermind I figured it out. It was in the settings of my keyboard app, not the phone.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad you got it figured out.. welcome to the droid forums :)

Berq

Reaction score
nevermind I figured it out. It was in the settings of my keyboard app, not the phone.

I'm suffering from unsolicited Google text-to-speech, too, but I can't find anything relevant in my keyboard settings. Can you describe the process/settings that solved the problem?

Reaction score
I'm suffering from unsolicited Google text-to-speech, too, but I can't find anything relevant in my keyboard settings. Can you describe the process/settings that solved the problem?

Please explain what you mean by "unsolicited Google text-to-speech" so we can help you better.

Berq

Reaction score
By "unsolicited" I just meant it was reading things on my screen without having knowingly asked it to, mostly in the browser but in a couple other apps as well. I managed to make it stop through brute-force trial and error, methodically changing settings until I finally turned off "Install web scripts" under the "Accessibility" section (where it makes NO sense being :angry:) of my System settings. That took care of it.
So basically the problem was fixed by an unrelated setting found in a category the setting didn't relate to. I love my Droid, but it ain't close to perfect.

arnauldvm

Reaction score
By "unsolicited" I just meant it was reading things on my screen without having knowingly asked it to, mostly in the browser but in a couple other apps as well. I managed to make it stop through brute-force trial and error, methodically changing settings until I finally turned off "Install web scripts" under the "Accessibility" section (where it makes NO sense being :angry:) of my System settings. That took care of it.
So basically the problem was fixed by an unrelated setting found in a category the setting didn't relate to. I love my Droid, but it ain't close to perfect.

Waow. I've been annoyed by this behavior during several days. I could never imagine it was due to the "Accessibility"/"Install web scripts" setting! Much thanx for the info!