How do I delete all contacts from Eris?

lowtech

Reaction score
I want to delete all the (messed-up) contacts from my Eris and then import all my Google contacts to the Eris.

Is there a way to do both of those things without ending up with a muddle?

I do not want to sync the Eris to Google... just a one-way transfer to the Eris from Google.

Thanks for any help!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would disable sync with google then delete them from the phone then re-enable sync...

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
I would disable sync with google then delete them from the phone then re-enable sync...

Do you know if there is a batch delete feature on the Eris - or available for it?

I have a droid...wife has an Eris but I don't have access to it at this time..

Well, I was being lazy! :) I found a batch delete feature in the People app... I am going to try the big delete and re-sync... not much to lose! Thanks for your help - now, please cross your fingers! :icon_eek:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Make sure you check unsync before you delete.....

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score

I did... BUT: Now, as I am syncing, I am getting a message that there are too many deleted contacts (Delete Limit Exceeded) It asks what I want to do: Delete the Items, Undo the Deletes or Do Nothing For Now. No matter what I say it continues to give that error and, of all my 300+ contacts, it has brought only 5 into the Eris.

BUMMER.

Help anyone?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I did... BUT: Now, as I am syncing, I am getting a message that there are too many deleted contacts (Delete Limit Exceeded) It asks what I want to do: Delete the Items, Undo the Deletes or Do Nothing For Now. No matter what I say it continues to give that error and, of all my 300+ contacts, it has brought only 5 into the Eris.

BUMMER.

Help anyone?

Contacts are also stored under MyFaves ...., Go into Settings > Applications > Manage applications, selected MyFaves, and cleared the data.

Then sync

Last edited:
OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score

BUMMER.

Help anyone?

Contacts are also stored under MyFaves ...., Go into Settings > Applications > Manage applications, selected MyFaves, and cleared the data.

Then sync

There is no MyFaves on the Eris, but there is Contacts Storage... cleared that... TAHDAH! :icon_ banana: It worked like a charm! Thank goodness - and all sorted by last name. (I fixed all the non-company contacts on my PC in Google Contacts, one at a time, placing the first names behind the last names after a comma... All is well!)

But this foolishness should not be necessary - come on Android, Google, whomever... sorting by last names is pretty much the standard, right?!)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Glad it worked for ya.....