How do I connect to my Corporate email??

topdog52390

Reaction score
You need to have corporate email out on your droid i work for verizon internet cost 29.99 but if you need corporate email you must pay 44.99

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to have corporate email out on your droid i work for verizon internet cost 29.99 but if you need corporate email you must pay 44.99

This is nonsense. Sorry. No other way to put it.

Hey don't get mad at me I don't make the rules I just give answers.

The answer you provided is nonsense. If you really work for Verizon I suggest you check your facts. The $44.99 charge for corporate email is limited to users whose firms have their email servers hosted by Verizon. It does not apply to anyone who uses their Verizon phone to download "corporate" email.

I'm quite familiar with the distinction because VZW refunded $300 in charges to me over a previous 2 year contract period for having misinformed me about the nature of the policy.

Last edited:

DessoThumbs

Reaction score

JArmandB

Reaction score
Connecting to Corperate email

Since you have a webmail client, use the built in email client. The server name is basically the URL minus the https:// part. Use the exchange server settings, enter your username, password and domain and it should work.

The one thing I haven't gotten to work yet is the calendar, but it is not too much of an issue for me.

Good luck.

topdog52390

Reaction score
well everything you guys have tried to tell him hasnt worked so hmmm i wonder .....

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have not tried touchdown (I've shelled out enough money for other goodies).

K9 is pretty good (great with Pure widgets), but I don't like the 15 minute polling feature. Corp email client was pushing my emails.

Corp e-mail is pretty easy to set-up if you have the settings correct. The key is finding the correct address already mentioned. Mine is actually an IP address 555.55.55.55.

Username can be tricky depending on the server. Try:
1) username
2) [email protected]
3) \username
4) exchange\username

A few variations on those I left out. Also probably need to check "use SSL if available"

Droid also uses p.12 certificates, and good luck getting one of those. If your IT runs that tight of a ship, maybe they will give you a p.12 certificate if you need it to connect, but that being the case they probably won't because it would violate their control policies.

OP
T

tom_rodski

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I just can't get it to work using Touchdown or the corporate email option on the Droid phone. I'm about 95% sure it won't work, 5% it's operator error. I spoke with my IT guy and tried to bromance him, but he wouldn't give up if they use ActivSync, talk to me about certificates, etc, etc.

I can browse to the Outlook Web Access page, add my user name and password and see my email that way. Not very user friendly, but it works.

What if I approach this another way? Can I sync my work/Outlook email with a gmail account? I don't care so much about the calendar, I just want email to be synced.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I just can't get it to work using Touchdown or the corporate email option on the Droid phone. I'm about 95% sure it won't work, 5% it's operator error. I spoke with my IT guy and tried to bromance him, but he wouldn't give up if they use ActivSync, talk to me about certificates, etc, etc.

I can browse to the Outlook Web Access page, add my user name and password and see my email that way. Not very user friendly, but it works.

What if I approach this another way? Can I sync my work/Outlook email with a gmail account? I don't care so much about the calendar, I just want email to be synced.

If you can get your email forwarded to gmail, you're golden. That, however, may involve you with your IT department again. Otherwise, you may be able to figure out a way to forward from your local Outlook using the filters/rules features.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Time to go to the IT manager. Either it's a policy (which I don't know why they wouldn't tell you), or more likely the people you've dealt with are lazy and/or incompetent.

Some of these guys would be clueless if not for install disks. I've dealt with some great IT folks and some truly poor ones, and I have little patience for the latter who's laziness has a direct impact on my job performance and time.

It's their job to give you an answer. Demand a resolution. "I don't know" is not an acceptable result.

Last edited: