how do i add a new contact's name....

funkpod

Reaction score
okay, this sounds like a stupid question, but how in the world do i add a new contact's name on this phone?

I go to People, and then Menu and New Contact.
I can i can put down all the new numbers, email, etc.

HOWEVER, where do i put down the person's name?

this seems like a silly question, and i hope i can get an answer and i'll be like, duh, but, well, there is no field for NAME...

i just got the incredible, like 3 days ago.

idk how i feel about this phone, yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
okay, this sounds like a stupid question, but how in the world do i add a new contact's name on this phone?

I go to People, and then Menu and New Contact.
I can i can put down all the new numbers, email, etc.

HOWEVER, where do i put down the person's name?

this seems like a silly question, and i hope i can get an answer and i'll be like, duh, but, well, there is no field for NAME...

i just got the incredible, like 3 days ago.

idk how i feel about this phone, yet.

I don't have an Incredible but let me advise you that there will be a huge learning curve to an android device from what you are use to seeing..

If you want you can go to your gmail account on line, go to my contacts and add the name there and everything will sync over. But I'm certain there is a a way to do it on the phone too.

Somebody help this poor person out. ;)

lizm

Reaction score
See that text field at the top of the new contact screen, right next to the camera icon? poke that.

That took me awhile to figure out too, dunno why the name wouldn't be editable along with the numbers and all.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See that text field at the top of the new contact screen, right next to the camera icon? poke that.

That took me awhile to figure out too, dunno why the name wouldn't be editable along with the numbers and all.

Yeah, but isn't figuring all these little things out fun?

Hey, quit throwing the tomatoes! :D

OP
F

funkpod

Reaction score
Duh I feel so dumb. Yeahi don't know why its not just labeled. I am slowly figuring out this phone. I didn't think I'd need to figure out so much but there was this.problem with face book and contacts and I got major major battety drainage issues. But I think this phone is pretty rockin so far!

robinmarkk

Reaction score
In any phones add contact is a such easy process. You just enter in menu option. In that you can select Contact option. In that so many sub menu's like Add new contact, Edit contact, Delete contact, copy contact, move contact etc.. If you want to Add new contact than just select add new contact option and add your contact name and phone number and click in OK button.