How can you get the dialer to search previous numbers dialed?

mlaskowsky

Reaction score
I had a HTC Incredible and when I would start dialing a number, it would search previous dialed numbers and numbers in my address book first. On my X when I use the dialer, it doesnt look at anything in the history. Does anyone know if this is a option that I need to turn on? This feature helped when dialing alot of the same numbers.
Thanks

xious

Reaction score
the call log?

Why do people make such unhelpful, sarcastic posts?

The stock Android dialer does not do that. Which is odd considering just about every other OS's dialer does. But, there is an app (of which is probably one of many) that can add that functionality. If you look up Dialer One in the Market, it adds quite a few functions that you'll probably find useful. One feature is matching your dialed digits to the call history and contact list. It will also match names using T9.

There may be other applications, but that is the one I've tried and that I've seen featured in the Market most often.

X

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
xious- I am at work and have to be quick with some posts cause my boss is right next to me... I didn't mean to be unhelpful or even sarcastic. I thought it was a simple question with a simple answer. Sorry for ruining your day pal.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I honestly was going to say call log as well not even to be a jerk. It just seemed like he was seriously asking for "how can i find my previous dialed numbers"

xious

Reaction score
I did not mean to sound like an a$$. It just irks me when people post comments just to be mean. I guess we just interpreted his question in a different manner.

Humpa

Reaction score
Yeah, the default Android phone dialer app and the Moto Blur one are missing basic features we've had on our phones for years.

+1 for Dialer One. I've been using it since I got my original Droid, though I stopped briefly while I was using the Incredible.

OP
M

mlaskowsky

Reaction score
Thank You both

Thank both of you. i appriciate all the help.
Mike