How can you get a list of intalled APKs

loop4zil

Reaction score
Trying like heck to find a specific APK on my Droid. "FeedR NewsReader"

I would like to pull the apk out and get a smoked glass look added to the widget (getting some help from a fellow poster).

Only thing is... I can't find it! :mad:

I tried Adp pull for feedr.apk...and got nothing. "So" I thought "it is probably not called feedr.apk...I should go look to see what it is called...I am Brilliant!!!"

Using Astro I went to the system/app folder...nothing screamed Feedr...then I looked in the SDcard folder...again ....nothing.

I tried searching the root (using Astro) for *Feedr* and I got nothing. Then I tried "*.apk"...I got a list of apks but nothing that seems to indicate Feedr Newsreader.

I feel like I am missing something here. There should be a way to get a pull of all the installed apks on your droid.

anyone have any ideas?

I am rooted...running Beast 7.4

Last edited:

Guchi

Reaction score
"app list" in the market

edit: thats probably not going to help now that i read your post

OP
loop4zil

loop4zil

Reaction score
sorry...should have been more clear.

I want to find out where a specific apk is on my droid (ie system/app/my.apk).

I have FeedR...it is functioning...I see it on my Applications list in settings...and I see it when I look at my downloads in the market...

Only I cannot figure out where the apk is and what it is actually called in order to 'Adb pull' it.

OP
loop4zil

loop4zil

Reaction score
AH-HA

It looks like the market apps are not really on your phone. To get the apk I had to use the back up tool in Astro. It pulled up my purchased apps and I created a backup of the APK on my sd card.

Slowly but surely I am figuring this out. Android really is pretty amazing.

amyk

Reaction score
AH-HA

It looks like the market apps are not really on your phone. To get the apk I had to use the back up tool in Astro. It pulled up my purchased apps and I created a backup of the APK on my sd card.

where is this said back up tool to get you to your paid apps?? i wiped the phone and now am back to factory reset

OP
loop4zil

loop4zil

Reaction score
AH-HA

where is this said back up tool to get you to your paid apps?? i wiped the phone and now am back to factory reset

Install Astro File Manager from the Market (it is Free).
Select "Tools" from the menu
Then Select "Application Manager/Backup"

All of your market apps will still be in the market...you should be able to reinstall them.

amyk

Reaction score
nope, I was able to open that tool before, and it was empty
was hoping there was another way I d idn't know about

ieatscones

Reaction score
Trying like heck to find a specific APK on my Droid. "FeedR NewsReader"

I would like to pull the apk out and get a smoked glass look added to the widget (getting some help from a fellow poster).

Only thing is... I can't find it! :mad:

I tried Adp pull for feedr.apk...and got nothing. "So" I thought "it is probably not called feedr.apk...I should go look to see what it is called...I am Brilliant!!!"

Using Astro I went to the system/app folder...nothing screamed Feedr...then I looked in the SDcard folder...again ....nothing.

I tried searching the root (using Astro) for *Feedr* and I got nothing. Then I tried "*.apk"...I got a list of apks but nothing that seems to indicate Feedr Newsreader.

I feel like I am missing something here. There should be a way to get a pull of all the installed apks on your droid.

anyone have any ideas?

I am rooted...running Beast 7.4

get rootexplorer, then navgate to the VERY TOP PARENT FOLDER (not/sdcard) its just "/" and once there look for the data folder, this is different than the one in /sdcard once the folder "/data" is found there should be another folder called "app-private" and another one somewhere under it, "app-private" holds paid .apks and the other one holds apks that were free