How can I create my own Albums?

Lays304

Reaction score
I have spent a few hours searching around on my Droid with Google and Yahoo and I didn't find any soulution that worked for me.

I am trying to create extra albums in my Gallery so I can organize things. For some reason this isn't an easy task apparently.

I have no PC right now to sync, so I need a way to do it from my phone. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

eebvending2

Reaction score
Current D1 owner, future DX owner...and I could be wrong but...

Will Astro (or other file manager) work? I looked on my D1 and if I made a subfolder in the "Camera" folder would that also keep things in a separate area of the gallery?

I don't know the answer to this and I defer to the experts here...

OP
L

Lays304

Reaction score
After making a new folder into Camera and placing images in it, and the album doesn't show up. No change

gocs

Reaction score
You can edit the pictures and add tags. It does not put them in a separate folder, but in the Gallery they show up as My Tags (I think), with all of the same tag grouped together. Will that work for you?

OP
L

Lays304

Reaction score
You can edit the pictures and add tags. It does not put them in a separate folder, but in the Gallery they show up as My Tags (I think), with all of the same tag grouped together. Will that work for you?

Ahhh! Thankyou. An extra folder will have to do for now.

dtsig

Reaction score
Yes ... if i am not mistaken adding folders simply allows you to "physically" organize your photos. The system uses 'tags' for its ordering process

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Be forewarned though, when I was using tags to organize my photos they would after every few power cycles dissociate themselves from the tags and get mixed back in with the rest. The best method imo Is to create a folder anywhere on the SD card, doesn't matter where, and name it lets say "vacation" and drop all of your vacation photos there using astro. Then reboot the phone. This will make the gallery descant the SD card and the photos will appear in the appropriate folder.

tappin and a talkin

OP
L

Lays304

Reaction score
Be forewarned though, when I was using tags to organize my photos they would after every few power cycles dissociate themselves from the tags and get mixed back in with the rest. The best method imo Is to create a folder anywhere on the SD card, doesn't matter where, and name it lets say "vacation" and drop all of your vacation photos there using astro. Then reboot the phone. This will make the gallery descant the SD card and the photos will appear in the appropriate folder.

Thankyou very much!