Hot phone?

FrolessWonder

Reaction score
Is anyone else's D4 getting very hot? Mine seems to be quite warm and the battery life has been horrible. Wifi is off and the screen is on its medium setting and after 3 1/2 hours off of the charger I've got 30% percent battery life and an awfully warm phone.

According to the battery manager Display is using 37%, the OS is using 18% and Motorola Services (I don't even know what this is) is using 17%.

I've rooted the device and used Titanium Backup to freeze bloatware and I had great luck the first few days but now this is happening. I bought the device on Release day.

Anyone getting anything similar? I love the phone but hate the heat!

Last edited:

quizzard

Reaction score
Mine got hot after half an hour of wifi tethering and using bittorrent.

Use a program like Battery Monitor Widget to log temperature and battery use. The hottest I've seen the D4 get to is 62C. If your phone gets too hot, the charger will stop charging your battery to prevent thermal runaway.

RoninX

Reaction score
The phone gets hot when you're downloading a lot of 4G data.

If you're getting lousy battery life too, I'm guessing that freezing the apps is causing something else in the OS to fail, so it's doing something like this:
  • Time to update this data...
  • Data not updating!
  • Try again...
  • Data not updating!
  • Try again...
... millions of times per second.

Try unfreezing all of the apps. Then reboot the phone, and see if this solves the problem.