Hope the "sealing" is better than the original Droid ..

tc3

Reaction score
Good phones....good build, except I've had 2 motorola phones and both were/are not sealed very well. My current droid has so much dust under the screen...its really hard to view during the day.
Last moto was the heavy duty flip phone that was "military spec dust proof" and it to had a ton of dust under the glass.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
That's going to be hard when you consider all the holes a given phone can have:
* Main Microphone
* Earpiece speaker
* Speakerphone speaker
* Noise Cancelling Microphone
* Headphone Jack

Add more with other features and still more with a slide-out keyboard. The Droid 1 doesn't have any discernible dust gaskets anywhere.

Though if I were after a dust proof phone I would not pick a design like the Droid just because of the slide-out keyboard. It might be a crude hack - but maybe even taping over some of those holes might help.. though it may likely cause big problems with features such as the speakerphone.

Another route is to avoid exposing your phone to dust at all, where you could have it in some sort of complete enclosure and simply use bluetooth devices to communicate with it.

OP
T

tc3

Reaction score
This phone has been the worst though..I've had other phones with all those things listed and never had such a problem with dust.