home screen rotate?

Djanvk

Reaction score
Does the home screen only rotate when the keyboard is open or app is open?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes and no.
some apps have a locked position (either landscape or portrait) while some will rotate with the phones position. home screen is always portrait (as far as I know)

why do u want it to rotate/not rotate when you are doing something?

OP
Djanvk

Djanvk

Reaction score
I was just curious, just something I notice just now. Never really paid much attention to it until I started using to on screen keyboard, before I always just opened my other slider keyboard when I turned the screen. Now I actually like the on-screen virtual keyboard better, seems easier for my fingers.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was just curious, just something I notice just now. Never really paid much attention to it until I started using to on screen keyboard, before I always just opened my other slider keyboard when I turned the screen. Now I actually like the on-screen virtual keyboard better, seems easier for my fingers.

yea the droid has features for everyone. but i needed a physical keyboard for all of the emails/sms that i send.

the t9 is also nice to have on too for those oopsies in typing

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stock home screen WILL NOT rotate to landscape. It never has and so far no word of it ever doing so.

deadernie

Reaction score
Stock home screen WILL NOT rotate to landscape. It never has and so far no word of it ever doing so.
True that the home screen does not autorotate
With the slider closed. Not true that it never has. Hopefully motorola fixes it soon and gets it working properly again. Mine autorotated in homescreen for about the first week I had it. I bought mine a few days after the release. The salesperson even showed off this feature that no longer works.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
This really bothers me that it doesn't work, that's the only thing I miss from using Home++, but I just can't take the laggy interface anymore