Home Screen only in portrait orientation ?

JoeOxfordCT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have auto orient turned on and it seems to work fine except for the Home screen. However, if I slide out the physical keyboard the Home screen will flip to landscape...until I close the keyboard again......:icon_eek:

Any solutions and/or workarounds ?

Thanks,

J.

ImmaMechE

Reaction score
Even if it is "working as intended", I would like to see an option to enable auto-rotation of the home screen as the OP implied.

D

DroidMastar

Working as intended my ass... sheesh Im sitting her thinking ok everything else rotates but the home screen... I had a Samsung Rogue flashback and got disappointed for a sec.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
So it's supposed to rotate? I guess I read too many Droid forums as I was called a liar for saying mine rotated at one point.

EDIT: The link provided says in proper English:

"Hi, the home screen is a screens that does not automatically change orientation, it only changes to landscape view if you open the slider."

So that says it is working as intended and it rotating is the bug not the lack of rotation.

Last edited:

RSC10

Reaction score
install the Open Home app. It's $4 and it provides a whole new experience. Well worth the money.....and yes, it have a toggle to make the home screen rotate if you change orientation.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Strange..I just tried mine and I know I saw the home screen rotate before. But now it wont. Even when I open the drawer, it wont rotate. Other apps still do tho.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i like how mine does not auto rotate on the home screen but it still rotates fine for all the apps...

on my storm i used the "auto rotation wiazard" and locked the phone in portrait mode anyways.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
install the Open Home app. It's $4 and it provides a whole new experience. Well worth the money.....and yes, it have a toggle to make the home screen rotate if you change orientation.
i dont see why we would have to pay for something that we had before =[