Home screen issue. Any thoughts???

K1K

Reaction score
I have been using Launcher Pro and I really like it. My problem is that when I hit my home button it takes back to my home screen but 9 out of 10 times the screen is blank and it takes 10sec to reload the screen (widgets, shortcuts, etc).
I tried going back to the standard home in Froyo and it does the same thing. I just reset it as the default home, i did not uninstall Launcher Pro.

Any ideas??? I had this problem with 2.1 unrooted but not quite as bad.

other than that I love the sapphire 0.8.4 rom on my droid. running 1.0LV kernel.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Similar experience here. It happens with the app drawer, as well.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try playing with the memory settings in Launcher Pro.

I don't run that launcher - you might get better support in the thread dedicated to it, from its users.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
I should clarify, I'm not using Launcher Pro. I have the same issue with the stock launcher. I think OP said he has it with the stock launcher as well.

bje1982

Reaction score
I have been using Launcher Pro and I really like it. My problem is that when I hit my home button it takes back to my home screen but 9 out of 10 times the screen is blank and it takes 10sec to reload the screen (widgets, shortcuts, etc).
I tried going back to the standard home in Froyo and it does the same thing. I just reset it as the default home, i did not uninstall Launcher Pro.

Any ideas??? I had this problem with 2.1 unrooted but not quite as bad.

other than that I love the sapphire 0.8.4 rom on my droid. running 1.0LV kernel.

Take the Set cpu widget off and see.. If you dont have that then try the memory settings like already stated.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I should clarify, I'm not using Launcher Pro. I have the same issue with the stock launcher. I think OP said he has it with the stock launcher as well.

These problems can be hard to debug. Are you running any task killers or memory managers? Or run one of the freemem scripts from scriptybox?

Any launcher will get killed from time to time (this is why you get the redraws) when memory is low, but I grant you that this seems excessive.

306stang

Reaction score
this is one reason why i switched from ver 7 to UD. in the few days of week that i ran UD it never did this. i'm going to give it another shot.

if it starts doing this again i'll check out the setcpu widget.

anyone else have any luck with this???

bje1982

Reaction score
this is one reason why i switched from ver 7 to UD. in the few days of week that i ran UD it never did this. i'm going to give it another shot.

if it starts doing this again i'll check out the setcpu widget.

anyone else have any luck with this???

if your running the set cpu widget im almost %100 that thats the problem. Trust me I switched between 10 different roms thinking that was the problem when I was a newbie and finally did process of elimination and found that it was that widget.

gatewayad

Reaction score
Just posted this on another of the same threads
give it a try

Here is what i have found works really well for me at least... I'm guessing if your not rooted skip steps 1 and 2 and try 3 setup like below

I have no lag or redraw at all

1st. REMOVE SetCPU widget!!!
2nd. Set your memory manager program to aggressive
3rd. go to LauncherPro preferences
General settings... keep in memory and enable scrollable widgets checked
Advanced Settings... memory usage settings...memory preset High ...homescreen caches checked...homescreen cache type compressed last 3 boxes unchecked high quality scrolling unchecked scrolling speed 25

OH! if this works for you go to the bottom of launcherpro preferences and do a homescreen backup to save them
Set all opening speeds to 2

leftbrain99

Reaction score
Are you running any task killers or memory managers? Or run one of the freemem scripts from scriptybox?

Any launcher will get killed from time to time (this is why you get the redraws) when memory is low, but I grant you that this seems excessive.

I do not believe in task killers, so I never run them. I do not run a memory manager, except that I have been getting popups stating "memory updated" since I started using Sapphire, so some sort of memory manager was included in this build, I imagine.

leftbrain99

Reaction score
MinFreeManager app seems to be helping. Hopefully that will continue.

OP
K1K

K1K

Reaction score
MinFreeManager app seems to be helping. Hopefully that will continue.

I'll second that MinFreeManger is helping. I uninstalled my app killer, installed MinFree, and removed setCPU widget. at first it didn't seem to help at all.
but I shutdown and rebooted my phone and now it seems to be working pretty well. I set MinFree to aggressive and to load at boot.

thanks for the help guys. dancedroid

OP
K1K

K1K

Reaction score
UPDATE.

Anytime I use the stock browser and return to home using home key, it does the redraw...it sucks and it's pissing me off. :icon_evil: