Home screen - getting more icons and widgets

TheShaz

Reaction score
I was wondering..... with the tree home screens and the plethora of apps, folders and widgets. One thing I noticed, the Droid does not allow you to squeeze them in, there seems to be a defalut space between icons. Is there a way to lower the space requirement so more icons can be placed?

VIRominoff

Reaction score
nope.

You can get ,openhome, or DXtop to add more

panda doesn't have it for the droid yet.

OP
TheShaz

TheShaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

I figure those apps will be out shortly. Happy to see I am not the only one wanting that feature.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The theme apps allow you to add more screen (instead of just 3) which will give you the option to add more widgets. Simple work around.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nope.

You can get ,openhome, or DXtop to add more

panda doesn't have it for the droid yet.
With Panda, you can open up a "drawer" on either side and put short cuts in there. Not sure how many each side allows, but I have at least 20 games in one side of mine and still could take more icons.

Floorbangr

Reaction score
Im now using PandaHome, Just recently updated you can get up to 5+ home screens.

I like panda so far cause its FREE, easy to use, no FC's for me so far.

badass3000

Reaction score
i have 11 screens on Panda, plus the 2 drawers.
and the reason the icons seem so spaced out is because our screen is not a square.
what I mean is, if in landscape you have room for 8 icons side by side, as soon as you turn to portrait you only have room for four side by side.

ice456789

Reaction score
Pandahome allows 6 drawers (3 on each side). Each of those drawers can be resized to hold probably 16+ apps.

I've been trying all the home replacements (ahome, openhome, home++, panda). With the new update Panda added better speed and reliability so it has probably secured itself as the best IMO. For at least a week until someone adds something REALLY cool to one of the other apps. :)

FoFa

Reaction score
Do any of them work like the three regular screens? I.E. just swipe to get to it?

Anything else is too hard to say to get to Shazam while driving to check out the song playing.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do any of them work like the three regular screens? I.E. just swipe to get to it?

Anything else is too hard to say to get to Shazam while driving to check out the song playing.

Panda home is the only one I've used but I can tell you that switching between home screen is exactly the same "swipe" motion.

hrungnir

Reaction score
Try Multicon Widget. This free app is fairly easy to use once you figure it out, and leaves the system-based structure of your desktop intact.

MontyMo

Reaction score
I definitely concur on the desire to either do away with, or shrink the size of the grid on the home screens.

Launcher Pro allows you to change the "grid" size on home screens.
up to 6 columns
up to 10 rows

You can also have up to 7 home screens

Monty