home screen always locked in portrait mode

jaydub5

Reaction score
The HOMESCREEN never rotates on ANY phones! Are you referring to secondary screens?
YOU DO NOT NEED A REPLACEMENT PHONE!

On the subject of rotating screens, it would be great if we had the option to lock the screen in LANDSCAPE mode. It dislike
playing tag when I move the phone an inch and the screen switches between portrait and landscape.
Such a simple programming fix would be greatly appreciated.
MOTOROLA, ARE YOU LISTENING?

PW_Irvine

Reaction score
"The HOMESCREEN never rotates on ANY phones!"

Actually, the home screen did rotate on many BlackBerry phones. However, the BB Z10's home screen does not rotate to landscape.

Last edited:

PW_Irvine

Reaction score
OP: See the app "Ultimate Rotation Control" by FaMe IT at Google Play. I don't know if it works with RAZR MAXX HD though, but there is a free trial version available.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

madmaxed

Reaction score

I also have to disagree. Just switched from Droid 2 Global and the home screens rotated just fine without a dock or any special programs.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score

I also have to disagree. Just switched from Droid 2 Global and the home screens rotated just fine without a dock or any special programs.

You are wrong about every device on Motorola since the Droid Razr running ICS.
Motorola removed the feature to have the device rotate the home screen.
I had a DroidX when the feature was removed.
My progression was DroidX, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr HD.
It has irritated me on every device that in a dock it works but not in your hand.

pschamel

Reaction score
I, too, thought my home screen was locked in portrait (RAZR MAXX, not HD, not rooted, running whatever VZW has pushed), until a few minutes ago: I closed a spreadsheet I was editing, in landscape, and, 1st time I recall, saw the home screen in landscape. Can't find a way to get it back, but have, now, seen that it's not impossible. Comments/suggestions appreciated.

Fencig

Reaction score
You are wrong about every device on Motorola since the Droid Razr running ICS.
Motorola removed the feature to have the device rotate the home screen.
I had a DroidX when the feature was removed.
My progression was DroidX, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr HD.
It has irritated me on every device that in a dock it works but not in your hand.

Actually the Droid 4 did landscape on home screens all the time. I just retired mine as a phone (still use as a mini-tablet). I got a Droid Maxx to replace it and this is actually how I found this thread. I hope there is a way to enable rotate on home screens and if I find it I'll post it.