Home made dock

zertsman

Reaction score
Got the d4 home and cannot seem to make the home dock app open with a magnet.

Anyone work this out yet?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Metal_Mavrik

Reaction score
I believe they stopped using magnets to trigger home screens. My guess is that now the docks actually have some kind of serial coded into the usb connection that the phone detects when it is plugged in. My reasons for believing this are thus:

1: home screens do not trigger until the phone is completely plugged in, unlike my D1 where it would trigger docks just by being near the dock.

2: There is a new functionality with home docks where you can actually have multiple docks, and the phone has multiple docking modes, which can be remembered. So you can have a dock at home and a dock at work and according to whichever one you dock it in, it will open different home screens.

The only way the phone could possibly tell the difference between multiple docks is that they have some kind of detection method that is unique for each dock.

OP
Z

zertsman

Reaction score
that's really cool functionality, now i gotta go back to my cell phone dealer to score some more tech...

OP
Z

zertsman

Reaction score
at least they added functionality besides just keeping me from making a dock.. that does totaly suck..

Kack

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting the dock. put it on the nightstand and have a 200$ alarm clock! <thats what my wife says.> does anyone have any experience with the docks on other phones is it a nice pleasant aspect to add or just no frills and boring? I was also wondering how the hdmi hook up works if you can only view pics and listen to music through it? if that is the case i dont need the hdmi cable because my onkyo receiver will do that thru dlna!

OP
Z

zertsman

Reaction score
The dock seems to be universal. I bet it fits future devices.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

2X98

Reaction score
I have the HD Dock Station, and it is awesome. The webtop feature is nice, and with the dock, you can plug in a mouse and keyboard and use your phone like an actual computer on any HD screen with the HDMI cable that also comes with it. It's a little pricey at $100, but I think its well worth it.

mfendley

Reaction score
I have the HD Dock, and while it works well when you initially dock the phone, after a couple of minutes is goes into a screensaver mode that dims the display. MY problem is that this (to me) looks like a light grey rectangle, with the time displayed at a slightly brighter grey. Is there any way to configure this? The only thing I find in the Dock | Settings is the brightness, which has not helped.