Home launcher

nemisis9

Reaction score
Which one is best..awd launcher or launcher pro...or is there ne other good ones to try.

Sent from my DROID2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try them both and see what works for you - the Forum seems to be split between ADW and Launcher Pro

OP
nemisis9

nemisis9

Reaction score
Sounds good...but are those the only two to choose from..those are bout the only ones I've come across.

Sent from my DROID2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are more but I don't pay them much attention - when you find one that works seamlessly there is no need to continue the search and Launcher Pro does that for me

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I agree with TP. I've used adb because I thought it would be cool to have all the themes. I wasn't wowed by adb like I am with LPP. I have been running LPP for the better part of 8-10 months and will check out adv from time to time. I was so excited about the plus version of LP when it came out it was the first paid app I purchased. The scrollable widgets are great and the calender widget is what I use to schedule my life. My choice is Launcher Pro Plus. Have fun with them both and see which one floats your droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I've stuck with launcher pro since I got my Droid x in july, I switched to the Droid 2 in august though. I've used adw launcher, the defining feature of launcher pro is its overall smoothness and how quick it is. Its very accurate and responsive. None of the other launchers come near it in my experience.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Taegost

Reaction score
I use Tag Home myself, I like being able to categorize all my apps, it makes it a *LOT* easier to find the droid I'm looking for... :)

travisn000

Reaction score
I'm also a Launcher Pro Plus user... never tried ADW, launcher pro got me first!

Go Launcher is another newer one that you might like to take a look at.. I really liked its user organizable side scrolling app drawer, but missed the LPP scrolling and resizeable wigits.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I think I tried aHome way back when and didn't like it at all so stubbornly turned my back on replacement launchers. Then with the release of Froyo and the redraw lag many of us were experiencing (disappearing icons) and constant mention of Launcher Pro I gave it a try and now I'm in love. Launcher Pro felt like a OTA interface update; nicely polished with a number of graphical and functional options. As some have mentioned:

-Re-sizeable widgets
-A useful scrolling dock where you can place up to 15 links to shortcuts and applications which can then have a swipe action applied to them meaning 15 more functions
-Up to 7 screens
-Up to 10 rows and 10 columns per screen!
...and a lot more! Best of all is how smooth the scrolling is and I've had nearly no redraw lag! :)

Reaction score
Lpp has the option to pick your own custom icons or docks... which I find in the lpi (launcher pro icons) app or you can just download a pack off the market and apply it. 15 shortcuts/swipe gestures is amazing. The widgets are top notch, and the app is updated frequently and almost always adds something new. Its the only app I've rated 5 stars.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

Reaction score
Launcherpro is due for a major overhaul/complete code rewrite this january, according to fede. Im not really sure what to expect, other than something really big.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App