Home button stopped working

BlackestWyteKidd

Reaction score
I got a new screen for my DROIDx and while taking off the top and bottom things by the screen that pop off i must have hit the home key wrong, but it stopped working. All the other keys work, we didnt take it apart past that tho because by the time we got that far we realised in the how to we need a T5 AND a T3 torx screwdriver. I dont know what i could have done. Help?

Thanks,
....Jesse

leftspin

Reaction score
if you physically damaged the home key badly enough that it won't work anymore, I'm not sure that there's anything you can do about it. If you're rooted, there's a free app called Button Savior on the Market that puts software buttons on-screen to take the place of broken hardware buttons

OP
B

BlackestWyteKidd

Reaction score
Alright thanks, i dont think i damaged it, because i never really pushed on it sliding that piece off but thanks for the Button Savior idea, not having a home button stinks i wish it was the search button instead haha

leftspin

Reaction score
Alright thanks, i dont think i damaged it, because i never really pushed on it sliding that piece off but thanks for the Button Savior idea, not having a home button stinks i wish it was the search button instead haha

Haha, tell me about it. My home key broke and I was lost for a while before I found Button Savior

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
B

BlackestWyteKidd

Reaction score
Is there a different app like button savior I can take for a spin???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums