Home button sagging

jerryq2

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? Today is the first time I noticed that the button with the home key is sagging. I can push it back into its normal position but it doesnt stay just falls again. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this is something i have heard about from a few people... aside from trying to take it apart and fix it... there isn't much you can do to fix it...
but to help this from getting worse... you can go to the market and pick an app like zmooth... which will basically put your hard keys along the bottom of your screen... so you don't have to keep pressing them and making this problem worse... so you'll still be able to use the actual hard key when needed

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I wonder if it'd be worth it to have it repaired.

How could this problem be avoided for as long as possible? Using the power button to wake the phone will take some load off of the home button.

On my Droid 3 I use an app that shuts the screen off (locks it) so I never have to press the physical power button to shut off the screen. For me, that means I use the power button about 50% less but that's just because I'm habituated to manually shut off the screen to save power. They're free in the market:
- Lock Screen by lidroid
- Lock Screen Tools by abgne.tw
The work well and don't require intrusive privileges. The only real difference is the app icon.