Home button no longer takes me "home" or allow screen previews

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Any ideas? It does take me to the last home screen I was on, but won't revert to the default home screen and won't let me see all 5.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I'm assuming that you haven't installed a launcher. If not, check the corresponding key mapping file in /system/usr/keylayout/cy8c201xx.kl to make sure it's still mapped correctly. Just open it with a text editor and make sure that the home key is still mapped as HOME.

monkey_man

Reaction score
With ADW Launcher,

Go hit More > Settings > Gestures > Home Button binding > Select Screen Previews. Should fix your problem.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm assuming that you haven't installed a launcher. If not, check the corresponding key mapping file in /system/usr/keylayout/cy8c201xx.kl to make sure it's still mapped correctly. Just open it with a text editor and make sure that the home key is still mapped as HOME.

Thanks for the tip. The key #102 is mapped to home, so apparently that's not the cause.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, mystery solved.

I was trying to help the OP on this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...help-droid-razr-black-screen-no-function.html), and in the process I found that uninstalling "Moto Home Fix" followed by Clear data in the app "Homescreen", it sent me back to the setup screen and when I came out of it, the home screen was back to all default settings and the preset apps and widgets, and now the home button takes me back to the default screen 3, and also does the preview of 5 screens.

dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ lala:

SallyC

Reaction score
OK, mystery solved.

I was trying to help the OP on this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...help-droid-razr-black-screen-no-function.html), and in the process I found that uninstalling "Moto Home Fix" followed by Clear data in the app "Homescreen", it sent me back to the setup screen and when I came out of it, the home screen was back to all default settings and the preset apps and widgets, and now the home button takes me back to the default screen 3, and also does the preview of 5 screens.

dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ lala:

That's what you get for being a Technomancer. :biggrin:

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's what you get for being a Technomancer. :biggrin:

Heh! Had to look that one up. I only wish that I had magical powers. I would use them for good :icon_wink: rather than evil! :icon_ devil:

By the way, you're kicking butt on the "likes"! You have me beat at 11.45% over my 10.75%. Clearly my good looks aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Last edited:

welchgw

Reaction score
I just got a Rarzr Maxx and the home button is not working for me either. All other panel buttons work. when i press the Home button i get a vibration but nothing happens. I checked installed apps but do not see the Moto home fix.

any other ideas?

T

TheAlpha

Any ideas? It does take me to the last home screen I was on, but won't revert to the default home screen and won't let me see all 5.

Ironic.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just got a Rarzr Maxx and the home button is not working for me either. All other panel buttons work. when i press the Home button i get a vibration but nothing happens. I checked installed apps but do not see the Moto home fix.

any other ideas?

You have to download that app from the Play Store it is not installed from the factory. Home screen button should take you back to the middle screen if you are on any other screen, and then if you already on the middle or home screen it will open the preview of all your screens for you to choose one to go to by touching it on the screen.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Heh! Had to look that one up. I only wish that I had magical powers. I would use them for good :icon_wink: rather than evil! :icon_ devil:

By the way, you're kicking butt on the "likes"! You have me beat at 11.45% over my 10.75%. Clearly my good looks aren't getting the attention they deserve.
Come on FoxKat you can't have it all. Good looks and being a Technomancer all at the same time...not fair.

anantsagar

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. The key #102 is mapped to home, so apparently that's not the cause.

my entire file says
key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED
VIRTUAL
key 139 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
VIRTUAL
key 217 SEARCH WAKE_DROPPED
VIRTUAL
key 102 HOME WAKE VIRTUAL

Is that right???