Home Button = exit/close app?

Dream

Reaction score
So I hate to beat a dead horse here and have another thread about apps not closing, but according to the manual you can download here ( http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf ) it states the home icon will exit and close the application. I was pretty excited when I just read that thinking to myself, "why didnt I think of that"?! After testing it out, it definetly doesnt close the app.

I understand that some apps will always be running in the backround, but to have every single app that I opened remain running, seems very odd. Any insight/flames? :icon_ devil:

hero

Reaction score
download an app killer. super easy to use. i have "advanced app killer free". saves your battery life and increases performance.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
download an app killer. super easy to use. i have "advanced app killer free". saves your battery life and increases performance.

I already have that app. Did you read my post?

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
No insight from the guru's? :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I could think is that either the manual is wrong, or that it's really just not working the way they wanted it. There should be a way to close the app without having to go into the menu settings, or download an app, so it sound plausible that the home button is suppose to close the program. I would wait to see what the new patch brings along.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
The only thing I could think is that either the manual is wrong, or that it's really just not working the way they wanted it. There should be a way to close the app without having to go into the menu settings, or download an app, so it sound plausible that the home button is suppose to close the program. I would wait to see what the new patch brings along.

Thanks for the reply. I guess my question was aimed at the people who have been running Android software for some time now and if this is something that has been so since the beginning or is this just a Droid thing? Either way, I agree. I hope a patch update fixes the issue. :)

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Dream check this out...it has some info you may be interested in.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

Thank you very much man. That makes a lot of sence to me. I think I might test out a day of regular use with killing apps and not killing apps and see how my battery life goes, that's my main concern.

BTW: I come from Crackberry and im a former S1 and S2 owner so I read your posts over there too :icon_ devil:

ryanc2

Reaction score
I think the back button closes the app while the home button leaves it running in the background freeing up a new window for another app.