HOLY CRAP - that's ENDURANCE!!!

andulinde

Reaction score
Think there will be lots of stories like this.

Last Christmas, taking my wife's Versa into the shop, I was clearing out the car and laying stuff on top of the service counter, which was angled, when my Droid slipped down the counter (which was at least 1m high), glanced off a chair and bounced on the concrete floor. Battery door flew off (of course) and battery popped out, and I thought I had toasted my brand new phone. Popped the battery back in, powered it on, and it worked fine. Looked for any sign of damage - no screen damage, no functionality loss, and only the smallest scuff on the upper right corner - which has since seemingly buffed itself out of existence, as I couldn't find it a week later when I was retelling the story to a friend.

Bottom line: I am very impressed with the mechanical robustness of this device (battery door lameness notwithstanding).

1stdroid

Reaction score
I'm not sure how but, I nicked the top left edge next to the screen about half way down from the top. The black finish is gone and I'm looking at raw metal. I tried the sharpie trick and right after application, it's almost impossible to see. After a few times in and out of my pocket, it's gleaming silver again. The sharpie doesn't adhere well the the metal.

Has anyone been successful in touching up scratches and/or nicks? If so, it would be good to share it here.

Droiddroid

Reaction score
I cannot believe this, while reading this post and thinking you broke your phone then realizing you didn't then thinking you damaged the hinges on your trunk and realizing that didn't happen either I thought I would test your theory out and I dropped my Super Droid from approx. a foot above my granite counter in the kitchen and it made a crack approx. Six inches long from the corner towards the center of the counter top! I love my Droid!

bastosero

Reaction score
Guys and gals, be careful when you take off the battery cover on the Droid. The little grill thingy that covers the back speaker on my Droid got dented about in the middle area when I tried to take the battery cover off in a hurry. I didn't realize there was a soft spot there. If you actually press lightly, you should feel where it is. Anyway, like I said, I was trying to take off the battery cover quickly and I pushed down accidentally on that grill that covers the back speaker. I pushed down with my thumb on the grill while I used my index finger to pull down the battery cover. I didn't realize that it would dent it. It's not a major damage, but it's kind of annoying when I look at it now since it's not even anymore (OCD kicks in I suppose...LOL). I wonder if there is a replacement part for that...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess we could merge this with the CN thread...

CN is tough, but my Droids kicked his butt!