Holster only

Reaction score
If you hard-wired the 12v power outlet, I hope it had an in-line fuse.

I installed several 12v power outlets in my Honda Element, one specifically for the micro-USB power cord.

It does, I had my guy at the garage do it. It is a company car, so the company mechanics take care of it. I tend to not keep cars very long so I don't put a lot of my coin into them. Having the power outlet up there should be in every car though, it is very handy to keep the phone up that high.

oid

Reaction score
charger-holster, charger-holster :blink:

Progress report on the Lets Talk holster:
When I got it, my first impression was "what a cheap piece of sh1t". Well, Ive had it for 3 weeks now and Im happy to eat my words (ar ar) Its still in one piece. I first thought the plastic was too soft and the clip looked lame. But that actually is a good thing here, it flexes when others snap off. The swivel is a little loose, it wont 'lock' in place at any point as it turns, but its not like a piece of licorice either. I put it on my belt upside down so the clip tab points down and wont jab me in the gut. Right side/right hand, I needed some practice to be able to slap the phone into it one handed; the bottom end has to go in just right, its an in and down maneuver. Or you can do a cross draw -right side/left hand. If its stood up to 3 weeks on my belt, its gotta be decent.

All in all, a pretty good deal for $12.99 and free shipping.

Reaction score
I really liked the naked holster clip, it was great. Sadly, I dropped the darn phone 5 times in three weeks and I had the Droid 1 in the same type of holster for nearly 2 years and only dropped it once. So, off to BJ's Wholesale Club and I bought a case and clip that they sell from Motorola. I got the car dock as well - both were like $52. The car dock is actually really nice and sits up above the tint line so nobody sees it on the windshield. I use the same power supply - so that wasn't a total waste. Even though I have insurance on the phone, I didn't see tempting fate.

What I found with the naked clip was that my t-shirt would get caught and I'd not realize it. It would then fling out when I moved or something and then the phone would fly. Oh well, it is still a great clip but apparently there is something slightly different than how the Droid 1's clip case was made.

OP
B

BumForALiving

Reaction score
It's funny. I started this thread and got the holster in anticipation of getting the Droid 3. Never did and should be getting the Droid 4 soon. Now, got to find a holster for that. :blink:

If anyone want's one of these, still have mine unused.