[Hoax!] Bootloader encryption possibly broken!

SplicedX

Reaction score
Exactly! The next few weeks are going to be crazy!! Im guessing that the ball is already starting to get rolling.

bd1212

Reaction score
This is all very exciting, but I have two questions. One: isn't there a possibility that this could blow up like it did with that guy who hacked the ps3? And also, how soon can we expect to see results(by that I mean, new things that I can flash or change on my phone?). Just curious

Sent from my DROID2

I spoke with nenolod earlier in IRC and he seemed to know how to stay out of legal trouble. He was VERY smart for alerting motorola when he first found out about the keys, and even smarter for waiting for 3 months.

Reaction score
This is exciting news. May get an X until the Bionic comes out.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Hmmm... well then. Forgive me if I sound ignorant(I don't know a ton about this stuff) but from what I've understood so far about rooted droid 2/X is that because the bootloader is locked you can't for instance upload 2.3 (or a ROM that uses it). Is that right? And if it is, will this change that?

Sent from my DROID2

db306

Reaction score
Mrbirdman tweeted that its "done" said basically all motor phones are unlocked

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kptphalkon

Reaction score
WELL THEN UNLOCK MAH PHONE AND SHOVE A NICE FAT JUICY AWESOME KERNEL DOWN ITS THROATPI

In the words of the late great spongebob,

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready....

Dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

teh_g

Reaction score
Hmmm... well then. Forgive me if I sound ignorant(I don't know a ton about this stuff) but from what I've understood so far about rooted droid 2/X is that because the bootloader is locked you can't for instance upload 2.3 (or a ROM that uses it). Is that right? And if it is, will this change that?

Sent from my DROID2

Yes, the locked bootloader made it so that we couldn't write new kernels to the system. We have been using the kernel that moto distributed. Once we can use these keys to sign an sbf, we can flash a new bootloader, which means we can load whatever we like.

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Very cool. My anticipation for a custom kernel is overwhelming... hopefully we can see some results quickly!

Sent from my DROID2

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Aliasxerog will be testing the key he generated later, i cant wait!

jzmax22

Reaction score
from what i have heard on IRC, its all fake. sorry to let people down. but i still hope its not!

jzmax22

Reaction score
chat.freenode.net , ##pbf, yes 2 #'s . thats the channel where all the chatter is coming from. according to them all the info that nenolod release is not true and he has done this in the past. i m not saying this is true, im just relaying what is being said in there. so im just letting people know not to get there hopes up. i really hope that they are wrong, but only time will tell.

db306

Reaction score
chat.freenode.net , ##pbf, yes 2 #'s . thats the channel where all the chatter is coming from. according to them all the info that nenolod release is not true and he has done this in the past. i m not saying this is true, im just relaying what is being said in there. so im just letting people know not to get there hopes up. i really hope that they are wrong, but only time will tell.

Well if he did make it up I would pretty much figure that many a people would be out to destroy him and ban him from every website known to man:). I'm with ya with hoping the glass is half full on this one!